David has been running a web business since 2002 and has helped over 100,000 voice actors showcase their talent. Over the past 10 years, David, with the help of his team, has grown Voices.com from the ground up to become the leader in the industry.
A lot has happened since that dinner table brainstorm on a napkin so many years ago. In the year 2000, David graduated with honours from the Ontario Institute of Audio Recording Technology. David’s background in audio production continues to inform Voices.com’s innovation in the areas of mobile recording and digital media products that contribute to Canada’s economic and cultural future.
As Chief Executive Officer, David is responsible for setting the vision, executing the growth strategy and managing the company on a day-to-day basis.
David is wholeheartedly dedicated to growing his company, Voices.com, the online marketplace for voice actors with more than 250,000 people using the site each month. Clients like ABC, NBC, Sony, Microsoft and thousands of others use Voices.com to search for, audition and hire professional voice actors.
David has been happily married to his wife, Stephanie, for 10 years. They have a son and three daughters and live in London, Ontario, Canada. In his free time he enjoys reading, running, and biking.
He has also spoken at dozens of events in the tech world and enjoyed guest appearances on national television, radio, webinar and podcast programs.
- November 26, 2013 - Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF), Entrepreneur Mentor, “Win a Date With…”
- November 14, 2013 - Niagara Falls Small Business Enterprise Centre, Keynote, “Bridges to Better Business”
- October 24, 2013 - Northwest Innovation Centre, Keynote, “Growing Your Business Conference”
- September 25, 2013 - Ivey Entrepreneurship Club, Panellist, “IEC Launch”
- August 21, 2013 - InfoTech, Presentation, “Google Glass”
- August 20, 2013 - TechAlliance, Instructor, “Entrepreneur 1.0”
- August 14, 2013 - Ivey Business School, Presentation, “LEAD Global Canada Program”
- July 19, 2013 - OIART, Presentation, “Google Glass”
- June 13, 2013 - Fail Fast, Succeed Faster, Panellist
- May 4, 2013 - VoiceWorld Toronto, "The Future of Voice-Overs"
- April 8, 2013 - The Price of Business with Kevin Price on KNTH 1070 AM, home of Bloomberg Radio.
- March 20, 2013 - International Commercialization Forum 2013, "Voices.com Soft Landing in Silicon Valley"
- December 11, 2012 - Western University, Lecture "Emerging Trends in Marketing Case Study"
- October 24, 2011 - Bridges to Better Business, Keynote "Ancient Wisdom for the Modern Day Entrepreneur"
- February 12, 2011 - Podcamp Toronto, How We Got 10,000 Facebook Fans"
- November 29, 2010 - Sramana Mitra 1M/1M, "Strategy Roundtable"
- November 17, 2010 - Fanshawe College, "Voices com, a Search Marketing and Social Media Case Study"
- October 4, 2010 - InterNETwork, Building a High-Growth Company
- October 14, 2009 - Richard Ivey School of Business, "Voices.com Case Study"
- August 10, 2009 - Call Centre Canada, "Intregrating Live Chat With CRM To Boost The Customer Experience"
- May 8, 2010 - Podcamp London, "Social Media Metrics"
- June 29, 2008 - Ontario Institute of Audio Recording Technology, "Entrepreneurship as a Career Path"
- January 25, 2009 - Conference Session "Employing CRM to Boost Agent Productivity and the Customer Experience"
- January 22, 2009 - Fanshawe College, "Search Marketing in the Google Era"
- May 26, 2008 - Small Business Centre, Workshop "Blogging 101"
- March 14, 2008 - Fanshawe College, Lecture "How To Get a Strategic Advantage with Google Adwords"
- March 7, 2008 - Small Business Centre, Workshop "Creating an Online Presence"
Connect on the Social Web