New York City-based Scott Gentle is the voice of choice when your project needs versatility: unlike some talents that have only a single "niche" or "signature" voice they're known for, he's literally a vocal chameleon that can change his colors on the spot. Scott has lent his voice to projects for everything from run-of-the-mill local and national radio and TV spots, TV news promos, viral web videos, political spots, military documentaries, trailers for everyone from ventriloquists to Scandinavian snowboarders, a dead-on imitation of the intro to the classic "A-Team" TV series, and much, much more.
A few examples of current and recent projects:
* Scott provided a multitude of voice styles of as the male host of Party City's Halloween Fashion show, which received massive exposure via PartyCity.com, YouTube, and Facebook; the wide range of styles he delivered each complemented the various videos for Boys Scary, Boys Superhero, Men's Scary, and Men's Funny, and 60s & 70's Couples costume lines.
* Scott's deep-toned, rough-n-ready spin on a Sam Elliott-esque cowboy poet character has been well received and quickly adopted by a wide and ever-growing range of clients, including cable sports networks, a major Texas rodeo, a heritage San Antonio flour mill/baking product conglomerate, and a company that makes deer attractants, amongst others. Even more interestingly, he can do variations on this by amping up or completely deleting accent, vocal pitch, attitude, and blending in other characters and regionalisms - sometimes from other continents!
* Scott's cheerful, family-friendly 30/40-something delivery can be heard across the US on the Speed Network and other regional sports networks as the tag voice on the new "All At The Hall" TV campaign for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame.
* Scott's straightforward business-oriented, middle-aged narration promoting "The Investment Rate" can be heard on the StockTradersDaily.com homepage; the same web video also appears on many other sites thanks to the magic of GoogleTV.
* Scott's youthful late-teen/early 20s side was spotlighted on the Teen Nick network, co-promoting the national kickoff of Madonna's "Material Girl" fashion line at iconic department store Macy's during their Back To School campaign, as well as on the Material Girl website.
* Scott went wild in the role of "Captain Kablooey", a highly pyromanic drill sergeant animated character seen and experienced by hundreds of thousands of online gaming enthusiasts over the US and Canadian Independence Day holidays on Sony Playstation Home.
* Been south of the border recently? You might have caught Scott waxing philosophically in Spanish in four radio spots for the Big Bola Casino chain in northeastern Mexico (for which Scott gives a "¡Muchas Gracias más enorme!" to Señora Valdes for insisting he sit up front in Spanish class in high school...).
* If you've seen a spot for NFL RedZone on Dish Network on TV - or popping up on YouTube or other sites before your video played - then you've heard Scott quickly firing off their hard-hitting end tags.
* Scott's been heard across Canada all year, using a myriad of different voice styles from province to province:
- currently helping promote the new season of Great White Northern-ness with 3 edgy and upbeat TV ads for Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort in Vancouver
- as the warm Jeff-Bridges-meets-Tom-Selleck broker character doing the reminiscing in NED Insurance's ongoing radio campaign in Ontario
- was the friendly/sexy tag guy for the latest TV campaign for Tourism Saskatoon in Saskatchewan
- provided the slamming voice of the TV and web campaigns for ZR Auto's recent "Race The Base" exotic auto expo in Alberta
* On a related note, Scott was the voice of the "Get Vancouvered" 2010 Winter Olympics TV and radio campaigns for Charter Communications, the 3rd largest cable TV provider in the US.
* Also earlier in the year, a variant of Scott's Bridges/Selleck-esque character was chosen as the announcer for Lawrence Medical Center's "Low Dose At Lawrence" radio campaign in NYC.
* Scott was also honored to perform a reverently intense classic promo/trailer read for "Stars and Stripes: Heroes" on the US Armed Forces Radio and TV Network.
* Point your browser to OPENApps.com, and check out their intro video - that's Scott doing the talking in a younger, hipper tone aimed right at the geektacular/techie crowd.
Scott grew up in a wide variety of places, has met and lived with a vast array of people from many cultures and walks of life, and is on a never-ending quest to learn, see, and experience more - all of which naturally and proudly comes out in his work.
Audio for many of the above projects can be found by going to the Demos section, or will be online soon - please be sure to check them out!
In the meantime, for further information on how Scott can help with your project, get in touch via the "Request A Quote" button at the bottom of the page - and don't forget to bookmark him as a favorite!
English, English (North American)
Santa Claus, Midwestern US, Southeastern US, Southern US, Texas / Cowboy / Farmer, New York / New Jersey, Indian, Russian, Jewish/Yiddish, Australian/New Zealand, British, Irish, Scottish, Sam Elliott, Jeff Bridges, Matthew McConaughey, Harvey Fierstein
Teen, Young Adult, Middle Aged, Senior
Cartoons, Movie Trailers, Documentaries, Audiobooks, Business, Educational, Radio, Telephone, Videogames, Jingles, Podcasting, Television, Internet, Music
(10+ years in audio software testing and development)
(20+ years behind the microphone)
And lots more!
(Lifetime audiophile / studio gearhead / musician wanna-be)
Plenty of schools, a university - and a rather colorful life.
- Bob Bergen (Porky Pig, Tweety, Marvin The Martian, and a bazillion other characters for Warner Brothers, LucasArts, Pixar, and other studios you might have heard of...)
- Pat Fraley
- Voice Actors of New York with Sandy Ames, Jamie Lee, and Keith Mannino
- Upright Citizen's Brigade Theatre NYC
Neumann TLM 102, Sennheiser 416, Audio Technica AT4040, CAD M9/M177/M179
27-inch iMac + Logic Studio 9 (primary workstation) & 15-inch MacBook Pro + Logic Studio 9 (mobile work/backup)
Avalon 737sm (Mercenary Edition), Focusrite Platinum VoiceMaster Pro, Whisper Room MDL4848S vocal booth + extra Sonex soundproofing, JBL LSR4326P monitors, Technivorm Clementdesign Moccamaster CD (original version)
MP3, WAV, AIFF via internet, CD/DVD via snailmail/overnite on request
Dependent on project and workload
In addition to straight voiceover, Scott offers the following services and beyond for jobs of all sizes from private individuals to midsize companies to multinational corporations:
- Fully produced broadcast spots/promos
- Audio editing
- Consultation on music direction and brand/product imaging
- Sound design / analysis / warpage / deconstruction
United Nations Foundation
San Antonio Rodeo
NASCAR Hall Of Fame
Big Bola Casinos (Mexico)
Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort (Canada)
Ned Insurance (Canada)
TeenNick (Nickelodeon Networks) / Macy's / Madonna
Dish Network / NFL
RevAbs / Beachbody
Tourism Saskatoon (Canada)
Armed Forces Network / Stars & Stripes
KCPQ Q13 Fox News Seattle
Ernst & Young (Bermuda)
Protest Boardware (Netherlands)
...and many, many more satisfied clients and friends worldwide...
Hire Scott for voice-over work. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Scott Gentle about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.