About Derek Dykes
Having grown up in the deep south, with British neighbors and Scotch-Irish grandparents, Derek began adapting his voice to foreign dialects at a very early age. As he grew up, his myriad voices became a hobby and a favorite pastime, entertaining family, friends and coworkers alike.
Speaking in his daily routine, Derek exudes confidence as smooth as silk in an upbeat, rich baritone. Entertaining his family at night, he ranges from a squeaky Tweety-bird to a rough Yosemite Sam, and from a tenor Irish accent to a bass Scotsman.
His British accents range from the underclass Cockney to the high-society, and his singing voice has a creamy, dreamlike quality that conveys its message on an emotional level.
Derek currently resides in Mobile, Alabama, but has also lived in New England, where he picked up several other American dialects.
Derek has been told that he has the perfect voice for radio and announcing, and has enjoyed mimicking character voices for years. He has a very creative nature, and is passionate and very enthusiastic about voice acting.
1-2 yearsRead More
How do I work with Derek Dykes?
You can start working with Derek Dykes in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices.com account.
- Invite Derek Dykes to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review Derek Dykes' proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire Derek Dykes and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices.com works here.
How do I pay Derek Dykes?
Payment to Derek Dykes is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.com.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with Derek Dykes' work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to Derek Dykes in just a couple of clicks.