Tucson, Arizona, US • 7:14 AM Local Time
About James Reel
My natural approach is a conversational demeanor in a light baritone, leaning much more toward emoting storyteller rather than monotonous news reader (although I am capable of the latter). I excel at confident, informed, engaging voicing for audio books, documentaries, and instructional/informational projects. I can sound straightforward and professional without being stiff, which is ideal for corporate, industrial, business and instructional narration. I can also do hard-sell all-caps excitement when required. I have particular ease with pronouncing words in most of the European languages (with training in French and a background in classical-music radio), so I'm an ideal choice for any project involving western culture or history.Read More
I'm an accessible professional who always starts with a solid read, but knows how (and why!) to take direction. Brief scripts can be turned around in 24 hours.Read More
A radio professional who reaches well beyond the standard "announcer" voice, my default setting is that of a personable storyteller, but I can also generate formal, hard-sell and character work. I have a great facility with the European languages, and am noted for crisp enunciation and, where appropriate, an ironic tone. Credits include Arizona Public Media, Flandrau Planetarium, Invisible Theatre, Arizona Cultural Forum, True Concord, Carondelet Health Services.Read More
Carondelet Health Services
Arizona Public Media
Arizona Cultural Forum
B.A. 1979, University of Arizona, with minor in Radio-TV
MLS 1980, University of Arizona
How do I work with James Reel?
You can start working with James Reel in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices.com account.
- Invite James Reel to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review James Reel's proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire James Reel and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices.com works here.
How do I pay James Reel?
Payment to James Reel is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.com.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with James Reel's work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to James Reel in just a couple of clicks.