"A veritable magician with her voice . . . One can easily understand why authors would stand on line to have Judith read their work" ((Website hidden)).
Judith West's rich, flexible voice serves myriad styles and countless characters. Theatrically trained, studio savvy, professional, and "a delight to work with" (Audio Partners).
British, Chinese, French, German, Greek, Irish, Italian, Japanese, North American, Russian, Scandinavian, Scottish (Standard Scottish English), Slavic, South American, Spanish, US General American (GenAm)
Child (5-12), Middle Aged (35-54), Senior (55+), Teen (13-17), Young Adult (18-35)
Animation, Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Jingles, Movie Trailers, Music, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
* M.A. & B.A., Speech & Performance of Literature, University of Texas at Austin
* Act One Studios, Chicago, IL
* Private study
Judith West also teaches and coaches performance, with a focus on voice acting for audiobooks.
She produces audiobooks for publisher-clients in her own small studio, casting other actors or voicing scripts herself.
Professional-quality in-home studio
As client prefers - All file formats available
Project-based, as agreed on pre-production - Usually same-day/24-hours for short form
Judith "specializes in diversity."
Adept at all styles, forms, and genres of voice acting - from commercials to training to audiobooks - creating . . .
* STORIES, and
. . . for media that entertain, instruct, illuminate, and persuade.
JW's FUN FACTS & VALUE ADDED . . .
* SINGING IN DIALECT - Calling on her varied musical experience, Judith has sung Andrews Sisters-style jingles (all voices) and, for a recent audiobook, characters including a 40-year-old hymn-singing African American minister and a 4-year-old rhyme-singing Depression-era child from the Ozarks. Challenges welcome!
* PRONUNCIATION PROWESS - Judith once told a stage manager: "If I hear another play set in Texas that uses a generic Southern accent, I'll get up and walk out." The next day, she was hired as dialect coach for a production set in Texas. Her natural "ear for accents," plus her former day-job as an encyclopedia writer-editor, make her highly attuned to pronunciation - including medical and tech terms.
* RESEARCH DIVA - Judith is a scary-good researcher. She can be up-to-speed "yesterday" on any number of subjects. But one of her best tips on dialects and local color from a voice talent she once auditioned for a project: Call the librarian in a town near your area-of-choice and (with her/his permission) record as you talk.
Payment to Judith West is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Judith West.
To invite Judith West to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.