Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong
Chicago, Illinois, US
About Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong
Bilingual (Spanish-English) Professional Storyteller, Vocalist and Percussionist, Edith Armstrong is also known as "Mama Edie." Her profession as a storyteller evolved in 1989 from her work as a speech and language pathologist with multiply disabled and multi-lingual populations. She has also provided voice-over services for children's educational videos and performs internationally for all ages and cultures. Locations have included Ghana, West Africa; Trinidad; South Africa; and India. Most recently in November of 2017, Mama Edie was invited as the only storyteller for an international peace conference in Iraq and to perform bilingually for a Storytelling Festival in 2019 in Tamaulipas, Mexico. In July of 2019 she was invited to perform and also sang in Sanskrit with an Asian Indian Theatre Company in Illinois (Mandi Theatre Group). Clients include educational, corporate, cultural arts, social service, civic and faith-based sectors. Self-employed; availability is dependent upon time of receipt of service request.Read More
Available to also provide:
- dialectical modifications as a speech/language pathologist
- articulation enhancement and/or correction
- bilingual presentations (esp Spanish-English) blending English and Spanish within the same material, flowing from one to the other
- copy writing services
- sound effects (percussion) Nigerian beaded gourd
- song writing
- story writing
- poetry writing
Primary voice experience has been for over 20 years as a professional bilingual storyteller and vocalist, in theater, film and televised programming; training others on the appropriate use of voice as a speech pathologist; and training deaf clients to speak. Specific voice-over experience (2 years) has been for educational video documentaries for social studies, cultural and language arts. Prose and poetry were successfully done in intercollegiate competition as an undergraduate. I am open to audio books and other experiences as well.Read More
Master of Science Degree in Speech & Language Pathology (Communication Disorders)Read More
How do I work with Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong?
You can start working with Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices.com account.
- Invite Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong's proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices.com works here.
How do I pay Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong?
Payment to Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.com.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong's work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to Mama Edie (Edith) McLoud Armstrong in just a couple of clicks.