Sacramento, California, US
Rick Brown’s voice exudes warmth and confidence. He can also do folksy reads, sound like your buddy-next-door or even a drill sergeant! After 20 years spent in the US Army, Rick is capable of working under pressure and reads military and technical copy with both precision and understanding.
English (North American), English
North American, US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta), US West Coast (California, Portland)
Middle Aged (35-54), Senior (55+), Young Adult (18-35)
Animation, Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
I've been doing voice work for nearly 30 years - voice over, radio jock, news/traffic reporter, live announcing and MC, video narration, and more.
Having spent 20 years in the US Army, I'm accustomed to working under "stressful conditions"...for you, that means that tight deadlines and technical jargon, especially military jargon, are my specialty.
- Traffic Anchor, Metro Traffic Control, Los Angeles
- Department of Defense Radio and Television Voice Talent; Training Video Narration
- On-Air Talent, Several Small-Large Market Radio Stations throughout the US and Europe
- Live Announcer, Numerous Local, State and National-level events including the United Services Organization (USO); State of Alaska; Department of Defense
- Commentator, NBC Affiliate, Washington DC for US Presidential Inauguration Parade
- Winner of several on-air, production and copy writing awards, including the "Golden Mic Award" and "Keith L. Ware Award" from the Department of Defense
- Regularly invited to judge the DoD Thomas Jefferson Awards for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
- Edge Studio, New York and Washington DC; numerous VO and business workshops and courses
- Defense Information School (Department of Defense) Basic and Advanced Courses (Public speaking/announcing, radio/TV broadcasting, journalism, production, copy writing, public/media relations) IN, MD, DC
- Various VO and Announcing workshops from CA to Wash DC
- Fullerton College, CA, Radio Program
Sterling Audio ST59, Blue Yeti
Computer & Software
PC w/Adobe Audition, Studio One
Whisper Room, Phone Patch, PreSonus Firestudio Audio Interface, Yamaha Reference Monitors
Digital files via email or download, CD via UPS, FedEx or USPS, Voices.com file transfer
- Message On-Hold Systems
- Real Estate Virtual Tours
- Video Games
Professional Home Studio
- Whisper Room for sound control
- Phone patch so the client can listen in
- Telephone interviews
- Audio and video
- Royalty free music and SFX library
Voice Over Clients
Spin the Planet, Inc., Sealed Mindset - Personal Protection & Firearms Training, Department of Defense, United Services Organization, Severn Run Baptist Church, State of Alaska, Metro Traffic Control, Inc.
Payment to Rick Brown is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Rick Brown.
To invite Rick Brown to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.