About Stephanie Murphy
Hi! I'm Stephanie Murphy.
I'm an experienced Voice Actor with thousands of projects successfully completed. I have a PhD in Biochemistry and half a medical degree, and I'm experienced with several languages and dialects.
I love to create voiceovers and audiobooks!
✔ I have a warm and conversational sound.
✔ I do voiceover in American English.
✔ Specializing in medical and scientific voiceover.
Hi, and thanks for being here! I’m Stephanie Murphy, PhD. I’ve been a full time voice actor since 2013 and I love bringing my clients’ projects to life with my voice.
Before becoming a voice actor, I completed my PhD in Biochemistry, studying Alzheimer's Disease. I also went through half of a medical degree before leaving to pursue my voice acting dreams. I have been voice acting full time ever since! I have so much fun doing this, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn something new from each and every script.
People describe my voice as warm, feminine, “real,” and super easy on the ears. I can do a range of deliveries, but some of my best and most requested by my clients are: trustworthy, authentic & genuine, connecting with the listener, upbeat/excited, scientific, and even sexy and romantic.
I have a general American accent that is described as neutral (without a regional accent,) but fits especially well with New England or California. I’m originally from Massachusetts, USA. I live in the greater Boston region and work on Eastern time.
Although I'm American, I have spent time in the UK and I have a strong performance in British English (BBC/RP, Southern England, London). I speak some other languages not well enough to do full voiceover in them, but well enough to perform scripts that are mostly in English with words, phrases, or accents in the following languages: Spanish, German, and Hebrew.
You can hear my most up to date demos and get in touch with me directly about your project at my website - S M Voice dot info. I look forward to hearing from you!
Even if I'm not a match for your current project, please feel welcome to add me to your favorites list here on voices! I am happy to hear from you any time and provide a custom audition sample for you.
I'm an active user of Voices and book jobs through the platform weekly. Past clients have appreciated my fast turnaround times and generous revision policy. I'm always happy to provide audition samples so please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to hear a custom read from your script.
I would love to work with you and help you bring your next audio project to life!
My voice is popular in the following genres:
• Medical and Scientific – articulate, knowledgeable, and compassionate but never condescending or distracting, all while maintaining a natural and conversational style. I have a PhD in biomedical science and a background in medicine. I speak “medicalese” with ease!
• Explainer Videos – professional, authoritative, and no-nonsense but always conversational. I handle business jargon with ease and communicate the ideas so that everyone is on the same page.
• Phone Greetings – If you want a friendly, professional voice to welcome your customers when they call your business on the phone, I could be an excellent match for you. I have voiced many dozens of phone systems, voicemail greetings, and IVRs. ¡Hablo Español! (Not a native speaker, but good enough to pull off a phone greeting.)
• Mom – a sweet, comforting, very feminine sound that really says, “mom!”
• Tutorial Videos and e-Learning – pleasant, conversational and never distracting or jarring. I love to teach. Especially medical e-Learning!
• Explainer Videos – if you want to deliver a powerful pitch, pick me. I will enthusiastically explain to the world why your company is awesome! Conversational, pleasant, you’ll hear the smile in my voice.
• Podcasts – I’ve been podcasting since 2009 and have voiced intros for many dozens of other podcasts. Professional, sexy, happy & excited, character voices… I’ve done it all in podcast intro/outros!
• Radio Commercials – I’ve worked in radio since 2010 and have written, voiced, and produced many dozens of radio ads since then.
• Audiobooks – I’ve narrated over 120 audiobooks (check out my portfolio by searching Audible for Stephanie Murphy) and my bestselling title has sold over 15000 copies.
Experience: I’ve been working with my voice since 2009, and took my voiceover career full time in 2013.
Before becoming a full time voice actor I completed my PhD in Biochemistry and also attended medical school for two years. As a result, I have an extremely high level of familiarity with medical and science terminology that most voice talents don’t have. My experience as a scientist and student physician makes me very comfortable communicating medical and scientific messages.
I am an active practitioner of yoga and meditation for over a decade. I can deliver a yoga, fitness, relaxation/meditation script in a genuine way, and I really enjoy these types of projects.
I would love to hear from you, so please contact me today to request an audition sample and let's talk about how I can you bring your next audio project to life!
I work from my home studio to bring you the fastest turnaround and best availability. Any revisions that may be needed due to my errors in pronunciation or delivery are always included at no extra cost.
I am on a mission to deliver sparkling, high quality voiceovers that will bring my clients' projects to life and make them say, wow!
I’ve been working with my voice since 2009, and took my voiceover career full time in early 2013.
You may recognize my voice as the voice of Serta Beautyrest mattresses (heard in national radio ads), from my 120+ titles on Audible - well known in both nonfiction (self help, science and technology) and fiction (mostly lesbian romance) genres, or as the voice of the planetarium show at the Louisiana Arts & Sciences Museum. You can hear my voice on important safety information for drugs, as well as teaching scientific concepts.
During my career as a voice actor I've completed thousands of jobs for my clients - medical and scientific projects, audiobooks, eLearning, explainer videos, phone systems, tutorial videos, and radio and TV ads. I am fortunate to have worked on almost every type of voiceover job I can imagine. I have a wide range of experience.
I've been using Voices since 2013 and have completed hundreds of jobs through the platform. Please check out my feedback from past clients!
My previous clients have included: Facebook, NBC Universal, Fortune 20 Financial company, Many Fortune 500 Pharmaceutical Companies, GE Healthcare, Science Direct, Elsevier, Pearson, Thermo Fisher, Associated Press, Chicago Tribune, Harvard Business Review, Graco, eBay, ABC Family, Dell, MDVIP, Choice Hotels, Residence Inn, Best Western, BitPay, Local Bitcoins, and many others.Read More
I have worked in talk radio and podcasting since 2009. I have done voiceover coaching with Randi Kaye at Edge Studio and David H. Lawrence XVII, as well as audiobook coaching with Sean Allen Pratt and Julie Williams. I have read many books about voiceover - including Sound Advice : Voiceover from an Audio Engineer's Perspective by Dan Friedman, Everyday Voice Care by Joanna Cazden, and books by Bill DeWees, Teri Apple, and Elaine Clark.
Before becoming a full time voice actor I completed my PhD in Biochemistry and also attended medical school for two years. As a result, I have an extremely high level of familiarity with medical and science terminology that most voice talents don’t have.
Reviews 5.0View All (153)
Fast Turnaround Time
1 person said Stephanie provided files faster than they expected.
1 person said Stephanie communicated clearly and quickly.
The Financial Diet
Blue Marble Media
“Choosing Stephanie was the best decision I made. She did an amazing job, stuck to the deadline, and over delivered on the job. So glad I went with her. She is a true professional.”Micah Soelberg, Fitness Audio Course
“It was great to work with you, the most professional voice recording I ever experienced!”Aaron Koenig, Executive Producer, BitFilm
Stephanie is a professional in every sense of the word. Great communication, fast turnaround and high quality!Mark Edge, Host of Free Talk Live
How do I work with Stephanie Murphy?
You can start working with Stephanie Murphy in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices.com account.
- Invite Stephanie Murphy to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review Stephanie Murphy's proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire Stephanie Murphy and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices.com works here.
How do I pay Stephanie Murphy?
Payment to Stephanie Murphy is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.com.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with Stephanie Murphy's work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to Stephanie Murphy in just a couple of clicks.