Hello! I am a 30-year-old, English-speaking female voice talent with a neutral American accent and a warm, friendly, professional sound with conversational style and a range of deliveries.
You can hear more demos and get in touch with me directly about your project at my website - S M Voice dot info. I look forward to hearing from you!
Even if I'm not a match for your current project, please feel welcome to add me to your favorites list here on voices! I am happy to hear from you any time and provide a custom audition sample for you.
I'm an active user of Voices and book jobs through the platform weekly. Past clients have appreciated my fast turnaround times and generous revision policy. I'm always happy to provide audition samples so please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to hear a custom read from your script.
I would love to work with you and help you bring your next audio project to life!
My voice is popular in the following genres:
• Medical and Scientific – articulate, knowledgeable, and compassionate but never condescending or distracting, all while maintaining a natural and conversational style. I have a PhD in biomedical science and a background in medicine. I speak “medicalese” with ease!
• Explainer Videos – professional, authoritative, and no-nonsense but always conversational. I handle business jargon with ease and communicate the ideas so that everyone is on the same page.
• Phone Greetings – If you want a friendly, professional voice to welcome your customers when they call your business on the phone, I could be an excellent match for you. I have voiced many dozens of phone systems, voicemail greetings, and IVRs. ¡Hablo Español! (Not a native speaker, but good enough to pull off a phone greeting.)
• Mom – a sweet, comforting, very feminine sound that really says, “mom!”
• Tutorial Videos and e-Learning – pleasant, conversational and never distracting or jarring. I love to teach. Especially medical e-Learning!
• Explainer Videos – if you want to deliver a powerful pitch, pick me. I will enthusiastically explain to the world why your company is awesome! Conversational, pleasant, you’ll hear the smile in my voice.
• Podcasts – I’ve been podcasting since 2009 and have voiced intros for many dozens of other podcasts. Professional, sexy, happy & excited, character voices… I’ve done it all in podcast intro/outros!
• Radio Commercials – I’ve worked in radio since 2010 and have written, voiced, and produced many dozens of radio ads since then.
• Audiobooks – I’ve narrated over 100 audiobooks (check out my portfolio by searching Audible for "Stephanie Murphy") and my bestselling title has sold over 15000 copies.
Experience: I’ve been working with my voice since 2009, and took my voiceover career full time in 2013.
Before becoming a full time voice actor I completed my PhD in Biochemistry and also attended medical school for two years. As a result, I have an extremely high level of familiarity with medical and science terminology that most voice talents don’t have. My experience as a scientist and student physician makes me very comfortable communicating medical and scientific messages.
I am an active practitioner of yoga and meditation for over a decade. I can deliver a yoga, fitness, relaxation/meditation script in a genuine way, and I really enjoy these types of projects.
I would love to hear from you, so please contact me today to request an audition sample and let's talk about how I can you bring your next audio project to life!
I work from my home studio to bring you the fastest turnaround and best availability. Any revisions that may be needed due to my errors in pronunciation or delivery are always included at no extra cost.
I am on a mission to deliver sparkling, high quality voiceovers that will bring my clients' projects to life and make them say, "wow!"
I’ve been working with my voice since 2009, and took my voiceover career full time in early 2013.
You may recognize my voice as the voice of Serta Beautyrest mattresses (heard in national radio ads), from my 100+ titles on Audible - well known in both nonfiction (self help, science and technology) and fiction (mostly lesbian romance) genres, or as the voice of the planetarium show at the Louisiana Arts & Sciences Museum. You can hear my voice on important safety information for drugs, as well as teaching scientific concepts.
During my career as a voice actor I've completed thousands of jobs for my clients - medical and scientific projects, audiobooks, eLearning, explainer videos, phone systems, tutorial videos, and radio and TV ads. I am fortunate to have worked on almost every type of voiceover job I can imagine. I have a wide range of experience.
I've been using Voices since 2013 and have completed hundreds of jobs through the platform. Please check out my feedback from past clients!
My previous clients have included: NBC Universal, Fortune 20 Financial company, Fortune 500 Pharmaceutical Companies, GE Healthcare, Science Direct, Elsevier, Pearson, Thermo Fisher, Associated Press, Chicago Tribune, Harvard Business Review, Graco, eBay, ABC Family, Dell, MDVIP, Choice Hotels, Residence Inn, Best Western, BitPay, Local Bitcoins, and many others.Read More
I have worked in talk radio and podcasting since 2009. I have done voiceover coaching with Randi Kaye at Edge Studio and David H. Lawrence XVII, as well as audiobook coaching with Sean Allen Pratt and Julie Williams. I have read many books about voiceover - including Sound Advice : Voiceover from an Audio Engineer's Perspective by Dan Friedman, Everyday Voice Care by Joanna Cazden, and books by Bill DeWees, Teri Apple, and Elaine Clark.
Before becoming a full time voice actor I completed my PhD in Biochemistry and also attended medical school for two years. As a result, I have an extremely high level of familiarity with medical and science terminology that most voice talents don’t have.
Reviews 5.0View All (152)
“Choosing Stephanie was the best decision I made. She did an amazing job, stuck to the deadline, and over delivered on the job. So glad I went with her. She is a true professional.”Micah Soelberg, Fitness Audio Course
“It was great to work with you, the most professional voice recording I ever experienced!”Aaron Koenig, Executive Producer, BitFilm
“Stephanie has the most superlative female voice in talk radio.”Mark Edge, Host of Free Talk Live
Payment to Stephanie Murphy is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Stephanie Murphy.Learn About SurePay®
To invite Stephanie Murphy to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.How It Works