Burnsville, North Carolina, US
Seasoned VO pro retired from SAG and AFTRA. Plenty of time to read for you from my professionally-equipped home studio. Thousands of satisfied clients over decades, including Coca-Cola, Delta Airlines, HP Computers, Holiday Inn, and many others.
English (North American), English
North American, US Appalachia, US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta), US South West (Texas), US Western
Middle Aged (35-54), Senior (55+)
Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Movie Trailers, Radio, Telephone, Television
Decades of voice overs, audio recording, editing & production
BS Broadcasting, Univ of Florida School of Journalism & Communications
I am presently reading on an AT-2530 condenser microphone while my vintage Mi-Lab VIP-50 mic is being refurbished.
Computer & Software
Custom-built Creation Station rack computer by Sweetwater.com. My 1st choice of recording/editing software is Adobe Audition but I'm also comfortable with several others.
I record through a Behringer Ultragain Pro MIC2200 vacuum tube pre-amp. I have a Skype account and an analog phone patch device.
Drop Box, CD via snail mail, FTP, etc.
I turn short projects around same or next business day. I'm in my studio nearly every day, so my turnaround times are quick.
I write. I read. I record. I edit, process, and produce audio.
- Accepted the 2002 Georgia Association of Broadcasters’ (GAB) Gabby Award on behalf of WKHC-FM, Dahlonega, GA for conceptualizing, scripting, hosting, and assisting with production of The Mountain Music & Medicine Show, named best locally produced small market radio program in the state three years running.Awards
- 1998 GAB Gabby Award for writing, reading and producing the best small market radio commercial in the state promoting the Dahlonega Merchants’ Association.
Voice Over Clients
Since 1994, Kevin has been writing, reading and recording in his digital home-based studio. From 1980 to 1994, he owned and operated O’Connell Productions, an Atlanta recording studio providing audio and related creative services to advertising agencies and businesses ranging in size from mom-and-pop to multi-national.
Kevin’s credits include:
- Voice talent on national and regional radio and television commercials for Sears, Ford dealer groups across the southeast, Flex-All Ultra-Plus arthritis rub, Krystal restaurants, NAPA Auto Parts, Mohawk carpets, Tom’s Snacks foods, Gwaltney meats, the Georgia Lottery the Ohio Lottery, Bi-Lo grocery stores, Nathan Deal’s first campaign for U.S. Congress, America’s Home Place home builders, radio stations across the nation, and many others.
- Voice talent on business-to-business, internal, point-of-purchase and public release narrations for Coca-Cola, Hewlett-Packard, Holiday Inn WorldWide, Delta Air Lines, United Parcel Service, K-Mart, Motorola, American Cancer Society, Bostitch staples, Primerica Financial Services, the U.S. Army, the Georgia Department of Industry, Trade and Tourism, and many others.
- Concept, scripting, voice and production, including music and jingle production for literally thousands of local and regional radio advertisers and clients.
Kevin lives and works in the gorgeous high mountains of North Carolina, 30 minutes north of Asheville.
Payment to Kevin O'Connell is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Kevin O'Connell.
To invite Kevin O'Connell to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.