- male mid 40's anglo-saxon
- North American English
- no discernible accent.
- I am not a bass but I would describe myself as the next higher one up (ie Barritone)
English, English (North American)
Canadian, North American, US General American (GenAm)
Middle Aged (35-54)
Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television
Radio Newscaster for several stations in London, Sarnia, and Timmins
Extensive interviewing experience
- over 1,000 interviews conducted with news makers from all walks of life including politics, business, clergy, and sports
- most recently interviews have been focused on business conversing with Presidents and CEO's of small cap companies. These interviews have been posted on AOL Finance, Yahoo, and (Website hidden)
- Documentary experience - received Honorable Recognition from CBC Telefest for radio documentary produced in college
- winner of Newscaster of the Year Award from Fanshawe College
- field announcer for the London Majors of the Major Intercounty Baseball League
Diploma Broadcast Journalism
Diploma Television Broadcasting
Centrios Professional Vocal Microphone Set
Computer & Software
ProFX8 Professional Mixer; Telos One; Sony's Soundforge software
email attaching MP3 or Wave Files. Sony's Soundforge also records in many other formats. A complete list can be provided
Depends on nature of project; Anywhere from one day to one week
- I have extensive experience reading a "script" as I have been a newscaster. I vary the pacing, use a pause for effect, and I change the volume for added emphasis. This makes me ideal for audio books, documentaries and educational projects
- my interviewing experience is very casual, laid back but still professional. My goal is to talk to people and not at them. Just as if we were on the back porch on a Saturday afternoon enjoying a beverage
- my strength would be audio book narration and/or documentary/interviewing projects
- I am originally from London, Ontario, Canada where English is my mother tongue. I have no discernible accent so I would be suited for a North American audience
- references are available on request
Payment to Al O'Grady is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Al O'Grady.
To invite Al O'Grady to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.