About Jim Donaldson
Voice described as bedroom baritone - can twist and turn it as need be into a rapid delivery sports style read or newsy - as spots demand. Both authoritative and conversational styles. Best character voice is a toothless old-timer, prospector type; NFL in the style of John Facenda; and mystery in the style of Rod Serling of Twilight Zone. Fair Marlon Brando imitation, Cagney, Bogey, street thug, mafiosa, Bronx accent, Boston, India, a Hollywood-style Irishman, passable Latino, Brit in manic style of Monty Python. Also, a pampered, pseudo-aristocratic aging, vacuous preppie; bumpkin and various evil (Website hidden) the record, got a top rating from Peter Thomas - one of the top 3 voiceover actors in the business.Read More
Can write and produce copy both for radio and tv (separate fee.)
• I have Skype & Phone Patch in my studio
• Or will go to any designated studio in my area
• can deliver edited and finished voice tracks via Email, upload the audio files via FTP • Or deliver the files by regular mail • I offer copywriting, voice direction and radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music, or fx to any project.
...includes years spent in NYC studios both as producer working daily with voice over artists - and voice acting myself as talent from promotional and spot reads to documentary or news features narration.
Again, full time writer/producer/anncr on spots as diverse as HBO & other cable promos, sweeps news promos and varied short form features and series, both news and entertainment, documentary long and short form.
Big history buff.
Network & local radio & radio news.
Private study - w/Marla Kirban Assoc.
Bamboo Sushi: The Story of Sushi
Gold Prospectors Assn
WABC-TV News Promos
BSC Panthers Football
The SaffGroup (ongoing IVR clients)
The Boom Crew - The Criterium
Ithaca College, Ithaca, New York
Reviews 4.7View All (3)
Digital Cybercherries Limited
everything sounds great! We got everything! Brian, Dec and I are really happy (I should say from Brian, sorry he couldnt answer your message, because he is just dealing with so many things at the moment). Your Idea to change the script really helped. Thank you sooo much for helping us out and taking your time and effort. Sorry again for all that rushing on sunday and monday. I dropboxed you a roughcut of the file in your dropbox and I will send you a link as soon as we got the trailer ready.
If you don't mind i would like to keep in contact as we might got some work in the future (i already sent you a request on linkedin).
Many thanks again for the good work,
Good voice talent. But long silences at the end of each file. Some sentences were not read to the end. Some words of the given sentences are skipped or words are added. Good job.
Effect Web Agency
Jim provided the voice we were looking for. He took the time to send many variations of speaking the words with various emphasis and is pleasant to work with. Thanks Jim.
Jim is a great contractor. His work is amazing and he completed his tasks on time. I also got to know him on a personal level during the contract and he is a good person. I will definitely do business with him again.SaffGroup
Victor Ellman, CEO
Jim is amazing! I highly recommend him for your project. I will be working with Jim again.Estate Fix
The Boom Crew
How do I work with Jim Donaldson?
You can start working with Jim Donaldson in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices.com account.
- Invite Jim Donaldson to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review Jim Donaldson's proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire Jim Donaldson and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices.com works here.
How do I pay Jim Donaldson?
Payment to Jim Donaldson is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.com.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with Jim Donaldson's work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to Jim Donaldson in just a couple of clicks.