Toronto, Ontario, CA
For British or North American voices, Ivan is your go-to for a 5-star experience. Born in London England and raised between England and Canada, he has a natural fluency with accents and dialects. Whether you're looking for a voice for television, radio, or internet, animation or videogames, movie trailers or documentaries and from educational to internet video, Ivan and his rich, resonant voice bring a wealth of professional experience and expertise to every job.
He is best-known for being the voice of the new Inspector Gadget. He regularly voices cartoons, TV and radio spots, video games (Far Cry 5, the last 4 Assassin's Creeds, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Watchdogs 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Splinter Cell: Conviction), is a regular looper, and has done narration for the CBC, the National Film Board of Canada and Science North. He has been hired to voice-match John Neville, Marco Pierre White, Gordon Ramsay, George Clooney, Morgan Freeman, Pope Benedict XVI, and many others. He has a naturally deep, full and round baritone and can also get up high in his register.
Whether you need a natural conversational read or an energetic excited one, a host or presenter, a teacher or instructor, a narrator for e-learning, a professional businessman, an engaging relaxed announcer or something more gravelly, manly, and masculine, Ivan's skills and experience deliver every time.
English (North American), English (British), English
Australian, British, Canadian, Canadian (Maritimes), Canadian (Newfoundland), Canadian (West), Eastern European, England - London (Cockney, Estuary, East End), England - North West (Liverpool, Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire), England - Received Pronunciation (RP, BBC), England - South East (Oxford, Sussex), England - Yorkshire & Humber, Irish, Irish Northern (Ulster, Belfast), North American, Scottish, Scottish (Standard Scottish English), South African, US General American (GenAm), US Mid-Atlantic, US Midwest (Chicago, Great Lakes), US New York (New Jersey, Bronx, Brooklyn), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta), US Upper Midwest (Fargo, Minnesota), US Western
Middle Aged (35-54), Senior (55+), Young Adult (18-35)
Animation, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
Ivan is a classically-trained actor with 20+ years experience on the stage, in film and television, and all aspects of the voice world. He is the voice of the new Inspector Gadget and has done 100s of episodes of cartoons, TV/radio spots, as well as narration. He has also voiced (and done performance capture for) a growing number of video games and works regularly with the top voice and casting directors in Toronto.
Recent bookings include:
- episodes of Rusty Rivets, Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series, and Go Away, Unicorn!
- Dracula in Season 2 of "Hotel Transylvania: The Animated Series"
- two seasons as Inspector Gadget
- North American TV VO for Canadian Club
- 3 national TV VOs for Pizza Hut
- TV VOs for Meridian Financial and Cheesestrings
- radio spots for Honda, TD Canada Trust, Bayer Crop Science, State Farm, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Bell, BMO
- regular radio spot for Chevrolet (Alberta and BC, Canada) for 2 years
- dozens of characters in the video games Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Assassin's Creed: Origins - The Hidden Ones, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Watchdogs 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Assassin's Creed: Unity and Splinter Cell: Conviction
- characters in the animated series' Rusty Rivets, Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series, Go Away, Unicorn!, Little People, Camp Lakebottom, Hotel Transylvania, Totally Spies, Dex Hamilton: Alien Entomologist, Pirates: Adventures in Art, Skatoony, Metajets, Clang Invasion, Cyberchase, and the animated graphic novel Roughing It in the Bush
- looping on 2 seasons of Reign, as well as Condor, Christmas by the Book, The Handmaid's Tale. Alias Grace, Reign, Creeped Out, What Would Sal Do, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- TV roles in FX's Fargo, Cardinal, Orphan Black, Murdoch Mysteries, Frankie Drake, The Kennedys: After Camelot, The Listener, Man Seeking Woman, Reign, Rogue, Cracked, Saving Hope, Nikita, Warehouse 13, Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures, Mayday (aka Air Crash Investigation), The Good Witch's Charm, 2nd Generation (playing a South African), and the feature film Kin, among others.
Queen's University Drama Program, Kingston ON, Canada
Shakespeare and Company, Lenox MA, USA
Professor at George Brown College's "Acting in Media" department
Founder of MoCapU - "Acting for Video Games" training for professional actors
Panel Member - VO North, Toronto's only VO conference
Classes and workshops with top voice and casting directors such as Kim Hurdon, Susan Hart, Michael Walters, Sherry Dayton, Jessie Thomson, Liz Ramos, and Deb Toffan.
Panel Member - numerous ACTRA workshops on Acting in Video Games
Scarlett Focusrite CM25 large diaphragm condenser microphone
Computer & Software
Mac, Garage Band, Audacity, Scarlett Focusrite
Scarlett Solo preamp interface, Skype
MP3, WAV, Dropbox, Email
24 hours on rush jobs
Ivan provides clean, edited, professional, high-quality tracks with personable, friendly service. Two decades in the business combined with a professional home studio guarantees you get exactly what you are looking, and listening, for. If you need a full production house, Ivan has connections with the best studios in Toronto.
With copy-writing and editing skills to boot, you get the full package!
Voice Over Clients
Ford, General Motors, Honda, Subaru, Volkswagen, McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Beam Suntory, TD Canada Trust, BMO, Meridian Financial, State Farm, Servus Credit Union, Bell Canada, E-trade, the Canadian Cancer Society, the Canadian Real Estate Ass'n, the Canadian Museum of Human Rights, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission, the Liquor Control Board of Ontario, Parmalat, Quaker, Bayer Crop Science, Walmart, Knorr, Cara Foods, and many others.
Animation clients include Teletoon, dhx Media, Nelvana, Ubisoft, Eidos, Toonbox Ent, Marathon, Marblemedia, Universal/Syfy, Cookie Jar, Halifax Film, March Ent, Decode, National Film Board of Canada, Science North, and more.
Payment to Ivan Sherry is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Ivan Sherry.
To invite Ivan Sherry to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.