A smooth natural voice ranging from medium-low, to soft effeminate tones. Highly recommended for animation and commercial ads. Strong, charismatic, believable, alluring, sweet, motivational, cool, confident, profound, innocent, gruff, intimidating.
British, Irish, North American, US General American (GenAm), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta)
Child (5-12), Teen (13-17), Young Adult (18-35)
Animation, Internet Video, Radio, Videogames
* = available on YouTube
* Blue Sky - Issac (supporting) - Mad Geek Productions
Shattered Heaven - Severen - Azure Productions
The Pilgrim King - The Boy - Traikan Productions
* Phoenix Wings Trilogy - Nell - EtherFuture
KickHeart - Maskman M (alt. dub) - Production I.G.
- Levels 1-3 Acting Classes w/ Beth Baur and Bob Sapoff (NJSDA)
- Six-week TV/Commercial/Film class w/ Mick Gyure (NJSDA)
- Six-week Voice-Over online course w/ Bettye Zoller
- Two-day Intermediate & Advanced AiVA workshops w/ Tony Oliver
- Voices With Character w/ Kevin Delaney
- 8+ years of vocal and singing
- 2 years on-stage musical performance
Rode NT1-A Condenser
Computer & Software
MacBook Pro Mid 2010, Pro Tools MP, Garageband, Audacity
Shure SRH440, M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB Interface
36 hours (max)
1) My voice: Depending on the project and what you personally are looking for, my vocals can be recorded either dry voice (an unedited take for your sound engineer to play with) or edited voice (a cleaned up take without extraneous breathing or clicks) for a more finished sound.
2) Audio Engineering: Having been tasked to mix various animated and audio drama projects over the course of years, I have the reliability and the confidence to bring together the sounds necessary to create a pristine and well-balanced piece. I have a variety of SFX libraries and a handful of free-use music on-hand for specializing, but not limited to, in action or animated-type projects.
3) Proofreading/Editing: With my educational background in Professional Writing, I am able to catch potentially awkward sentence structure, and/or help improve the "bang" behind your script. I also have experience with composing ADR scripts.
Some services can be bundled together as a package depending on your needs.
Payment to Niel Sumter is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Niel Sumter.
To invite Niel Sumter to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.