I have long been a singer of the standard jazz repertoire, commonly known as "The Great American Songbook." While I've mostly used my voice for singing purposes, I realize that it is also suited for voice-over work. I hope to make the impression, using my Voices.com profile, that my spoken voice could be used as a great benefit in many instances for many clients.
English (North American), English
Irish, Italian, Latino, North American, US Mid-Atlantic, US Midwest (Chicago, Great Lakes), US New York (New Jersey, Bronx, Brooklyn), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta)
Middle Aged, Senior, Young Adult
Animation, Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Jingles, Movie Trailers, Music, Radio, Television
After working for over 25 years in the graphic design, advertising, and publishing areas, and after being a jazz singer all my adult life, I find myself drawn to doing voice overs as a way to explore a new, and with hope, a successful career trajectory.
School of Visual Arts, New York, NY, (Phone hidden).
in 2010 I had several very helpful training sessions with Doriane Elliott, (Website hidden). If you contact her, she might even remember me! ;°)
Heil Sound PR40 dynamic; Audio-Technica 3035 condenser; dedicated home-based recording studio room
Computer & Software
Macintosh Dual-Core Intel tower and peripherals; Amadeus Pro, GarageBand
Focusrite Saffire FireWire computer-audio interface and preamps; Tapco Mix120 mixer; Edirol MA-15D monitors, assorted headphones
E-mail; FTP; CD via FedEx/UPS/USPS; Box.net; File formats: AIFF, WAV, MP3
Depending on complexity of project and scheduling, between 8 and 72 hours, longer for long-term assignments
I am a singer and ukulele instrumentalist with an extensive repertoire of early jazz-pop standards. My speaking voice is a versatile baritone American English with the potential for standard, northeastern, and southern-western US attributes, as well as international accents (Eurasian, Middle Eastern, Caribbean, Canadian, Latino) and comic characterizations.
Here is what I can offer as a voiceover talent for your next project:
1. Professional attitude at all times. I work seriously and diligently to get the job done to your impressed satisfaction. Whether at your studio or mine, I show up on time, work efficiently and creatively, and deliver results.
2. My voice: I don’t sound like anybody else. (Of course, everybody sounds like nobody else!) My goal is to understand the written material and make it sound authentic to the listener and true to the spirit of the concept. I strive to inform and entertain an audience; to tell a story. Whether you have a need for neutral reads or flexible, diverse-character voices, I’ll provide just the right sound to take your material to the heights.
3. Writing. I can write, create, and edit original ideas and scenarios; copy, prose, verse, expository, song lyrics, dialog, humor, melodrama, sci-fi, etc. Of course, I’ll read exactly what is written as required on a given project, but when the need arises, I can make stuff up, improvising right on the spot. Or, give me some time and I might come up with your next blockbuster concept-commercial piece.
4. I’m new at this. Hey! Isn’t it a professional death-sentence to admit one’s status as a novice in the voice over business? I don’t believe so. Everybody has to start somewhere. As a solo jazz singer/instrumentalist for 30 years [in addition to having had a long-time advertising art director/graphic designer “day” career in the publishing business] I have spent countless hours on stage entertaining and conversing with audiences, and in recording studios singing and producing songs with other musicians, studio technicians, and producers. Many of the same operational principles used in recording music apply with voice over work. Which, come to think of it, brings me to…
5. Music. In fact, my musical ability might be right for your next jingle or theme. Whether you need me to write a new tune or sing one that you already have, my singing voice can add distinction to any style, from jazz to rock to country to pop, show tunes, blues, funk, and folk/old-timey. I’m an advanced player of the ukulele as well, and can easily add that popular instrument sound wherever appropriate.
My voice might be perfect for your next piece on tap. You’ll find my standard middle-Atlantic Pennsylvanian right for a straight read, or maybe my New York City/Brooklyn–native accent is a necessary part of your next project. If you need a memorable laugh, there are my many comic characters, as well as ones I haven’t even thought of yet. If on-camera acting is in the plan, I can do that too. From audio books to narration to animation to commercial clips to singing to full-on vocal branding, we ought to be able to make beautiful sounds together.
If my voice is not what you’re listening for right now, I want to wish you good fortune finding one that is among the thousands of talented actors out there, and I’ll have hope we can work together on another job some time soon.
Voice Over Clients
Most recent: The Condomize Campaign, (Website hidden). My original jingle was chosen as a promotional ring tone for the campaign to increase awareness about the use of condoms in preventing pregnancy and STDs.
Short link to the ring tone audio file: (Website hidden)
More clients to come!
Payment to Patsy Monteleone is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Patsy Monteleone.
To invite Patsy Monteleone to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.