New Paltz, New York, US
About Peter Coates
I have a rich, deep voice that is both sophisticated and humorous. My original accent is standard English (BBC pronunciation), but I am comfortable with many accents from around the UK. I recently recorded the new Eric Clapton biography: Slowhand, for Hachette. Having lived in Japan for many years I can both speak the language and do a decent accent of a Japanese person speaking English. Throughout my life I have taken part in stage work, sung in choirs and am a performing musician. I believe my voice is extremely versatile.Read More
I am prompt, efficient and will always give any project my best effort and full attention. I believe that I am not only good at delivery but at entering into the spirit of whatever project I take on.Read More
I have made two audiobooks with Hachette, both of which are available on Amazon/Audible. I also did a voiceover for a local radio station here in the Hudson Valley. I have also had extensive amateur theatrical experience since my youth and whilst living in Japan, I made a series of language teaching programs with NHK.Read More
I recently had the immense pleasure of working with Peter when I directed him narrating the audiobook production of THE EXILE, by James Patterson and Alison Joseph.Hachette Audio
Although Peter is an Englishman, he handled the main characters’ West Irish accent—and all the accents and points of view among the various characters in the novel—impeccably, intelligently and with great sensitivity.
Peter has a great ear, a beautiful, resonant voice and an admirably open and creative mind. I am very much looking forward to casting him in future audiobook productions!
How do I work with Peter Coates?
You can start working with Peter Coates in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices.com account.
- Invite Peter Coates to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review Peter Coates' proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire Peter Coates and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices.com works here.
How do I pay Peter Coates?
Payment to Peter Coates is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.com.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with Peter Coates' work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to Peter Coates in just a couple of clicks.