About Sandra Wood
My voice has been described as professional-sounding, authoritative yet reassuring. I have a facility with medical, technical and business terminology due to my experience as a Doctor of Optometry and education in business and information science.
My voice also sounds caring and soothing, great for storytelling. Suitable for mysterious undercurrents and a fun grandmother with a twinkle in her eye.
As a singer I'm an alto or second soprano, and have experience harmonizing as the middle voice of a vocal jazz trio.
* Record and edit voice scripts in my home studio.
* Record while being directed using Skype.
* Deliver files by email or FTP using my YouSendIt account.
* Record in studio as requested, either locally or using SourceConnect
* Dr Sandra Wood, O.D., optometric practice 1975 - 1994 at 94 Cumberland St, Toronto, Ontario and 70 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto.
* Wood's Research Information consulting, research and investment 1991-present
* 20 years public speaking experience providing continuing education for optometrists through the Ontario Association of Optometrists, and Internet search training for librarians through the University of Toronto.
* Development of web-based training course through University of Toronto, Faculty of Information Science, 1995 - 2000
* Classroom Internet training for Humber College, Seneca College, Bell Canada and Industry Canada 1994 - 2000
* Recording experience at Super Sonic Productions, MCS Studios, Toronto, and in my home recording studio
Dr Stan Salsberg
Dr Dennis File
William R Waters Ltd
Faculty of Information Studies, University of Toronto
Ontario Association of Optometrists
Canadian Commercial Capital
Queen City Yacht Club
Hammy Hamster Productions
* Voiceover education:
Medical narration and narration with Julie Williams
Nancy Wolfson and Jeff Freeman of Braintracks Audio
Mike Kirby's Voiceworx
* Singing training with Annie Szamosi and Tammy Fredericks
* Harmonic Ear Training, Roberta Radley, Berklee
* Harp and piano player
* Master of Information Science, University of Toronto
* MBA, University of Toronto
* OD, Doctor of Optometry, University of Waterloo
Reviews 5.0View All (1)
Loved it! This was my first time using voice overs and Sandra helped me and was very understanding of my inexperience. She did a great job and was very professional. I will definetly use her again.
How do I work with Sandra Wood?
You can start working with Sandra Wood in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices.com account.
- Invite Sandra Wood to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review Sandra Wood's proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire Sandra Wood and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices.com works here.
How do I pay Sandra Wood?
Payment to Sandra Wood is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.com.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with Sandra Wood's work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to Sandra Wood in just a couple of clicks.