My voice has been described as professional-sounding, authoritative yet reassuring. I have a facility with medical, technical and business terminology due to my experience as a Doctor of Optometry and education in business and information science.
My voice also sounds caring and soothing, great for storytelling. Suitable for mysterious undercurrents and a fun grandmother with a twinkle in her eye.
As a singer I'm an alto or second soprano, and have experience harmonizing as the middle voice of a vocal jazz trio.
English, English (North American)
Canadian, North American
Middle Aged (35-54), Senior (55+), Young Adult (18-35)
Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Jingles, Podcasting, Radio, Television
* Dr Sandra Wood, O.D., optometric practice 1975 - 1994 at 94 Cumberland St, Toronto, Ontario and 70 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto.
* Wood's Research Information consulting, research and investment 1991-present
* 20 years public speaking experience providing continuing education for optometrists through the Ontario Association of Optometrists, and Internet search training for librarians through the University of Toronto.
* Development of web-based training course through University of Toronto, Faculty of Information Science, 1995 - 2000
* Classroom Internet training for Humber College, Seneca College, Bell Canada and Industry Canada 1994 - 2000
* Recording experience at Super Sonic Productions, MCS Studios, Toronto, and in my home recording studio
* Voiceover education:
Medical narration and narration with Julie Williams
Nancy Wolfson and Jeff Freeman of Braintracks Audio
Mike Kirby's Voiceworx
* Singing training with Annie Szamosi and Tammy Fredericks
* Harmonic Ear Training, Roberta Radley, Berklee
* Harp and piano player
* Master of Information Science, University of Toronto
* MBA, University of Toronto
* OD, Doctor of Optometry, University of Waterloo
Neumann TLM102, Sennheiser MKH 416
Computer & Software
MacBook Pro with Soundbooth and ProTools
Apogee One, MBox2 Mini as backup
mp3, aiff, wav
12 - 24 hours
* Record and edit voice scripts in my home studio.
* Record while being directed using Skype.
* Deliver files by email or FTP using my YouSendIt account.
* Record in studio as requested, either locally or using SourceConnect
Voice Over Clients
Dr Stan Salsberg
Dr Dennis File
William R Waters Ltd
Faculty of Information Studies, University of Toronto
Ontario Association of Optometrists
Canadian Commercial Capital
Queen City Yacht Club
Hammy Hamster Productions
Payment to Sandra Wood is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Sandra Wood.
To invite Sandra Wood to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.