Bothwell, Ontario, CA
A clear speaking First Nations Native American voice that can be deep, rich, and resonate with the image of the wise Native man. Can switch up just as quickly to comedic and raise the pitch to something higher to give that sense of rising interest or surprise. Can adopt a hard, guttural heavy metal vocal range to give that sense of demonic evil. Most proud of my wide range of laughter, I can do a jolly, happy, goofy laugh to brighten the room; the next moment a high pitched insane Mark Hamil-esque joker laugh to chill the spine. Able to adapt to different accents and currently working on learning Chinese and Japanese to broaden my range. Powerful projection one moment, gentle lull the next. Able to easily adapt to whatever the client needs.
English (North American), English
Native American (Indian), North American
Middle Aged (35-54), Senior (55+), Teen (13-17), Young Adult (18-35)
Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Jingles, Podcasting, Radio
- Graduated from the Broadcasting program at Fanshawe College.
- A B.A. in Film studies at the University of Western Ontario, currently studying for my M.A.
- Taken a public speaking course at University of Western Ontario.
- Trained in and worked for Blackburn Radio in Sarnia Ontario as voice talent and producer.
- Producer, On-air talent, and voiced spots, promos, etc, for 94.9 CHRW for 4 years.
- M.C.d various public events such as mediator at seminars, charity events, Powwow's.
- Trained volunteers at 94.9 CHRW in producing and voicing.
- Acted and directed short films in the University of Western Ontario film studies program.
- Created, researched, produced, and narrated a thirty minute audio documentary on residential schools for the Resonating Reconciliation / NCRA program.
- Play by play commentary for The Forest City Derby Girls, and The Forest City Derby Guys, games.
- Acted, in a theatrical production, and audio drama production of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night.
- Graduated from Radio Broadcasting program of Fanshawe College with a major in Talk Radio
- B.A. in Film studies currently studying for a M.A. at The University of Western Ontario
- Course on public speaking at UWO.
- Theatrical training under Jo Devereux of The University of Western Ontario
SM7B Shure Microphone
Computer & Software
Adobe Audition, Adobe Premiere, Acer Notebook, Toshiba Desktop
ZED R16 Firewire, Allen & Heath sound board
Having worked for commercial radio I have a sense of what the client wants, able to communicate clearly with them and will do my best to give them exactly what they want the first time. If not satisfied or they want something changed, no matter how big or how little I will happily do so until they get the sound they want. A devoted and dedicated voice to get the job done no matter how hard or fast it needs to be done.
Payment to Ira Timothy is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Ira Timothy.
To invite Ira Timothy to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.