About Michael Troughton
Son of Patrick Troughton (second Doctor Who), I have been a UK actor, writer and voice artist for over 25 years and have appeared in many films, television dramas, and radio/voice productions. Best known for the character Piers Fletcher Dervish in the British TV comedy 'The New Statesman'.
My straight narration voice has been described as soft, friendly, articulate and mellifluous.
It has a wide range which is very useful for creating a large variety of interesting characters.
I am also able to create a multitude of vocal sound effects and do numerous accents from the UK and around the world.
Specialities include – audio books, education, animation, business, comedy voices, and radio.
I have worked in TV, radio, in-house, advertising, audio book production and on web-based material.
In the last year, I have completed over 15 ACX for Audible book productions (all PPH contracts).
Full audio production – recording, editing and mastering.
Special effects, music and other media can be added.
Comical character voices a specialty.
UK actor, writer and voice artist for over 30 years – I have appeared in many films, television dramas, and radio/voice productions.
This includes being a regular member of the BBC radio performers' community, reading many abridged and unabridged books, acting in a large variety of dramas, and providing numerous character voices for promotional material. Other voice work includes cartoon characterisations, commercial adverts and video commentary narration.
Best known for my role as Piers Fletcher Dervish in the British TV comedy 'The New Statesman'.
Recent work includes:
(Please see my IMDb page for further information.)
- Pottibots (various animated characters)
- Cytec Solutions educational media voice over
- Minx Creative business voice over
- How the Birds Changed Their Feathers TV animation by Joanna Melling
- Big Finish audio (various characters)
- Direct Line advert
- Barclays Bank advert
- Video Arts training documentary
- Instructional video for education
- The Great Protector by Kathryn Le Veque (Audible)
- The Last Citadel by Kevin Ashman (Audible)
- Khu: A Tale of Ancient Eygypt by Jocelyn Murray (Audible)
- Prydain 1, 2 and 3 (Audible)
- Backwash (Audible)
- Passion of a Marquess (Audible)
- Biography of Patrick Troughton (Non-fiction audio)
- Lords of the Red Planet by Brian Hayes (Science fiction audio)
- Percy and the Quark by Michael Troughton (Novel for Young Adults)
- Around the Moon by Jules Verne (Science fiction abridged audio dramatisation)
- From Earth to Moon by Jules Verne (Science fiction abridged audio dramatisation)
- Counter Measures by Ken Bentley (Science fiction audio dramatisation)
- Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian (BBC Drama playing Jack Aubrey)
- Paradise Lost in Space by Colin Swash (Science fiction comedy dramatisation for BBC)
PAST TWO YEARS:
Minx Creative Ltd (Graphic Design)
Big Finish Audio
Amazon Audible ACX
Please see my IMDb page or web site.
I trained as an actor at the Arts Theatre in London for two years, under the direction of Mateylok Gibbs, and my career has concentrated on film, TV and voice work. I have had training for VO with the BBC Radio Rep.
I am a fully qualified teacher in Physics, Science and Drama.
Reviews 5.0View All (1)
Voices.com (Lisa Kellner)
Our agency had the pleasure of working with Michael Troughton on a 10 minute animation. He voiced a particularly challenging script with ease and added a wonderful tonal layer to the whole production which has been well received by our client and their audience.Minx Creative
Michael is fully equipped with his own recording studio which provided invaluable speed advantage and sound excellence.
A consummate professional, meeting all set deadlines and always with a positive, helpful attitude. We look forward to working with Michael again in future.
Minx Creative, Co-founder and Creative Director
How do I work with Michael Troughton?
You can start working with Michael Troughton in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices.com account.
- Invite Michael Troughton to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review Michael Troughton's proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire Michael Troughton and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices.com works here.
How do I pay Michael Troughton?
Payment to Michael Troughton is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.com.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with Michael Troughton's work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to Michael Troughton in just a couple of clicks.