Do you love audiobooks?
Then join APA members, narrators, authors and fans as we spread the word about audiobooks. Throughout the month of June tell everyone you know what makes audiobooks so great!
Learn more in today’s Vox Daily.
APAs Viral Video Contest
The Audio Publishers Association (APA) kicked off their annual June audiobook month today with a viral video contest.
The “Get Caught Listening” campaign is designed to spread the word about audiobooks. In May audiobook aficionados were invited to show their love by creating an entertaining short video of them showing how audiobooks are fun and engaging.
Fan favorite voting is set to begin the first week of June with winners being announced on June 27th. There’s cold hard cash to be won and each of the finalists will get a free membership to Audible.com. The top 3 fan favorites will win:
- $5,000 cash prize
- $2,500 cash prize
- $1,000 cash prize
The winning video will be published to the web with the hope of making it go viral. We can all help by spreading the word through our social networks.
Last year’s Audiobook month created an amazing amount of buzz through social media, reaching more the 4 million people world-wide.
Let’s join forces and blow it out of the water this year!
How You Can Help
Authors, narrators, and fans can do their part to raise awareness this June by tweeting, Facebook updating, blogging or sending an old-fashioned email to friends and family about how wonderful audiobooks are.
Tweets specifically about Audiobook Month, use the hashtag: #JIAM2011
For “Get Caught Listening” Tweets use: #GCL2011
The APA suggest these topics:
- Recall a favorite listening experience.
- Describe the recording process.
- Recommend an audiobook – or genre – that you enjoy the most.
- Share a favorite narrator.
- Tell fans where you listen to audiobooks (car, desk, gym, etc.).
- If you’ve narrated your own work, describe what that experience was like.
On June 27th when the winning video is announced we can all do a major push through our social media channels, blogs and YouTube sites to help the winning video get a set of legs!
Stay tuned to APA’s website for contest updates on how to cast your vote.
The Audio Publishers Association (APA) is a not-for-profit trade association that advocates the common, collective business interests of audio publishers. The APA consists of audio publishing companies and allied suppliers, distributors, and retailers of spoken word products and allied fields related to the production, distribution, and sale of audiobooks.
Formed in 1987 the APA was created to:
- Advocate high production value and advise on industry-specific technical standards;
- Serve as a networking, educational, and information forum for its members;
- Deliver programs and services that serve the common business interests for its members; and
- Promote policies and activities that accelerate audiobook industry growth.
What Do You Love About Audiobooks?
Share your experiences below.