I am a VO actor specializing in character work specifically. Whether it's a video game or a commercial. An animation or an audiobook. Need a voice? Let me solve your problem!
English (North American), English
Australian, British, French, North American, US New York (New Jersey, Bronx, Brooklyn), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta)
Child, Middle Aged, Teen, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
ADR DUBBING WORK
- "One Piece" by FUNimation Entertainment, Ltd (Additional Voices)
- "Fairy Tail" by FUNimation Entertainment, Ltd (Additional Voices)
- "Ninja Slayer" by FUNimation Entertainment, Ltd (Additional Voices)
- "Ultimate Otaku Teacher" by FUNimation Entertainment, Ltd (Additional Voices)
- Adidas "Adi Forum Lo" (Kamp Grizzly)
- MPTC College (Brown Boots Interactive)
- South Carolina 2013 Cocky's Countdown (Pursuant Group)
- Broadway in Fresno/Eugene (Magicspace Entertainment)
ORIGINAL ANIMATION WORK
- "Tiny Docs" by Sunny Williams (Nurse Scrubs)
- TED Talk (Jonathan Haidt, "Humanity's Stairway to Self-Transcendence")
- Compassion - Jorge Luis(Compassion International)
- "1,001 Arabian Nights" Audio Drama, dir. Stephanie Davis(Desert Gems Audio): Various Characters
VIDEO GAME WORK
- "Poi" by Polykid Games (Male Child Protagonist)
- "Melissa K. And The Heart Of Gold" developed by SDP Games (The Davett Twins)
- "Pilot" by David Bennett Productions (Cynical pilot VO)
- "Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action" developed by Culture Attack Studios (Enemy ninja voices)
Cartoon Pilot Season Dallas with Pat Fraley.
Character Voice Versatility with Pat Fraley.
Creating Character Voices with Pat Fraley.
Online Voice acting workshop with Crispin Freeman.
Private voice over training with Lucas Schuneman.
Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone
Computer & Software
PC with FL Studio 12 XXL Producer Edition and Audacity
Alesis iO2 Express XLR-USB converter and pre-amp. Bose QuietComfort 15 Headphones
Email, MP3, WAV, AIFF, CD/DVD via mail (handled upon request per project)
Between 2 - 24 hours
When it comes to my character work, expect anything from the sweetest little boy, to the most psychopathic killer you can imagine. The young aspiring hero, or a deadly assassin, and many things in between!
My narration/commercial work has been described as "Guy next door, campy, calming". I can be very genuine and relatable or also very energetic and colloquial.
If you'd like to know anything else about my voice, take a listen to my demo and shoot me a message!
"I had a great experience working with Chris Thurman. He had the voice we were looking for and was very quick to respond with an audition when I contacted him. He is a pro and took direction clearly and made the changes we needed happen. I would not hesitate to use him again." ~Nick Traeger at Kamp GrizzlyAdidas
"Chris Thurman lends his energetic flair to the "1001 Arabian Nights Audio Drama" series as a comedic voice actor. His talented voice shines through in many episodes as both a plodding bull and a raucous womanizing rooster, a tattle-tale parrot, and a tragic-comic hunchback. Chris is wonderful to work with and adds levity, comedy and professionalism to your production." ~Stephanie Davis, Producer of 1001 Arabain Nights DramaDesert Gems Audio
Voice Over Clients
FUNimation Entertainment, Ltd
Brown Boots Interactive
Desert Gems Audio
Culture Attack Studios
David Bennett Productions
Hire Chris as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Chris Thurman about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.
Nick Enriquez for Job #198440 Rise to win - Missouri chris was great to work with and very flexible. it was a pleasure collaborating togetherSep 7, 2016
Rob Mundy for Job #186626 Voices - Young and Energetic Incredible job!!Jul 15, 2016
Jeff Bull for Job #95243 Compassion - Jorge Luis Chris Thurman was great to work with on this project. first of all he nailed the audition with just the right amount of drama without going over the top. The entire read was great with just a few minor changes, which Chris took care of immediately. I highly recommend Chris!Feb 19, 2014
Pursuant Group for Job #87545 South Carolina followup recording (short) Once again Chris was quick, responsive, and took feedback well.Oct 8, 2013
Pursuant Group for Job #85516 South Carolina 2013 Cocky's Countdown Chris took direction well and was quick to respond.Sep 13, 2013