Born in what is now a call centre in Bridgewater Nova Scotia, Kyle is an audio engineer, a radio personality, an actor and a musician. While video games, biking and time with friends filled his elementary and high school days, guitar took over at some point and changed the way he viewed the world. Kyle is a graduate of the Audio Engineering program at the Centre for Arts and Technology, now known as DaVinci College. He also plays in his band The Green Reflectors, an instrumental surf band he formed with his brother almost a decade ago. They’ve played all over and have blown many different minds in the process. After several years doing recording related work as well as tons of local theatre on the side in his home town, Kyle left his job as a sales consultant with Bell Canada to further pursue his passion for radio, theatre, and the recording arts. In 2012 he started working at CKBW and Country 100.7 (then known as HANK FM) as their Summer Cruiser. After the first weekend out on the job, he was asked if he could do more work around the station. After another year of recording bands at his home studio, doing lots of helping out at the radio station, and doing an intense amount of theatre, Kyle ran off to Toronto to study theatre more seriously at Humber. After an intense year of theatrical training, Kyle came back to Nova Scotia with a fresh outlook and jumped back into radio and recording full force. He continues to play music and is now brushing up on his Audio Engineering skills at DaVinci College thanks to the generosity of the facility at the Halifax Campus.
English (North American), English
Canadian, North American, Scottish (Standard Scottish English)
Middle Aged, Senior, Teen, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Movie Trailers, Music, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
Radio Announcer/Summer Cruiser
Acadia Broadcasting CKBW/CJHK, 135 North Street, Bridgewater, NS B4V 2V7
• Radio announcer tasks include recording weather segments, obituaries, and local announcements, broadcasting the church service which is recorded live on location weekly, and conducting in-studio interviews with local musicians. Working in a team environment, as well as independently. Communicating with the public, answering phone calls and emails, and updating the social media pages. Voicing and producing radio advertisements for different clients
• Summer Cruiser activities consist of driving to various locations to interact with the public at community events, being flexible and adapting to many different situations, developing contests and activities, and promoting local interest events, destinations, and sponsor
• Responsible for training new weekend staff and summer cruisers
Audio Engineering Diploma
Centre for Arts and Technology, 1577 Barrington Street, Halifax, NS B3J 1Z7
• Courses included, but are not limited to: Recording Arts (I – III), Personal and Professional Development (I - V), Recording Studio Operations (I and II), Digital Audio Production (I - III), Location Audio, Music for TV and Film, Career Management, Audio Systems Maintenance, Game Audio & Interactive Music, Music Production, and Audio Post Production Engineering
• Assisted in the recording of various bands and individuals using software such as Pro Tools as well as types of different recording and musical equipment. Ensured that the final product not only met the client’s expectations, but was of a high standard and quality
• Wrote, produced, and recorded music for students in the animation class for a show called Misfit High, which aired weekly on Eastlink Television. Also worked as a boom operator
Rode Broadcaster, RE20, SM57, SM58
Computer & Software
Pro Tools M Powered and LE 8, Cubase LE 4, Ableton Live Lite 7, Logic Pro 8
Digi 002, Profire 2626, Firewire 410, Otari MX-5050BIII 2ch Analog Audio Tape Recorder
mp3, wav, aiff
24 - 48 hours
Kyle can deliver edited and finished tracks in any format. He can also write and add music, as well as sound effects.
Voice Over Clients
Acadia Broadcasting Ltd.
Hire Kyle as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Kyle Furlotte about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.