I have a very wide vocal range (speaking and singing), and am able to convincingly change my pitch for whatever age I need to sound like. With my background in acting, I am capable of studying and mastering accents, committing my voice to change and adapt to whatever role, character, or situation that is required. I am a very hard worker and commit 100% to whatever project I am working on. I am firm believer in "method acting", even if I am not actually acting as a character, meaning that I firmly believe in bringing what is required of me into my everyday life and researching all aspects of the job: the history, the different aspects and complexities of the vocal sounds required, what is being promoted, and listening to as many similar "performances" I possibly can. With this full and complete understanding, I am then able to fully immerse myself in the job. I can bring out emotions and complexities within myself in order to give my best possible performance. I practice constantly and do vocal exercises everyday.
English (North American), English
British, Irish, North American, Polish, US New England (Boston, Providence), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta)
Child, Middle Aged, Senior, Teen, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
Actress in Dallas Area Community Theater
- Mother in "All My Sons" (2014)
- Claire in "Rumors" (2013)
- Fantine in "Les Miserables" (2013)
- Margaret in "Dancing at Lughnasa" (2012)
- Hermia in "A Mid-Summer Night's Dream" (2012)
- Wendy in "Peter Pan" (2011)
- Teacher in "This is a Test" (2011)
- Ms. Paddy in "Curious Savage" (2010)
- Baker's Wife in "Into the Woods" (2010)
- Rusty in "Footloose" (2009)
- Sylvie in "Unexpected Tenderness" (2009)
Awards Received for Above Roles
- Best Actress in Carrollton District for the role of Claire in "Rumors"
- Best Supporting Actress in Grapevine District for role of Fantine in "Les Miserables"
- Best Supporting Actress in Carrollton District for the role of Margaret in "Dancing at Lughnasa"
- Best Supporting Actress in Grapevine District for the role of Mrs. Paddy in "Curious Savage"
- Honorable Mention in Lewisville District for the role of Sylvie in "Unexpected Tenderness"
High-School Speech Interpretation Competitor
- National Qualifier (top 1% in country) in Dramatic Interpretation (2008)
- 4th place District Finalist in Humorous Interpretation (2008)
- Texas State Semi-finalist (top 12) in Dramatic Interpretation (2008)
- Texas State Quarter-finalist (top 24) in Humorous Interpretation (2008)
- Texas State Quarter-finalist (top 24) in Duet (2008)
- 3rd place District Finalist in Dramatic Interpretation (2007)
- 6th place District Finalist in Humorous Interpretation (2007)
- Texas State Semi-finalist (top 12) in Dramatic Interpretation (2007)
- Texas State Quarter-finalist (top 24) in Humorous Interpretation (2007)
- Texas State Qualifier (top 10% in state) in Dramatic Interpretation (2006)
- Texas State Qualifier (top 10% in state) in Humorous Interpretation (2006)
- I have a Bachelors of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in Neuroscience, and a minor in Theater Arts.
- While at college, I took part in a jazz acapella choir in my free time.
I am able to to take direction very well and am confident I will be able to deliver whatever it is you are looking for. I am a very hard worker, rarely get distracted, and will commit to the project 100%. I will be available 24/7 for whatever is needed from me. I also believe I can bring a unique perspective to different parts with my background in acting and all the life experience I have.
Hire Christine as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Christine Barbee about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.
This talent has not uploaded any demos yet.