- Conversational, warm, natural, approachable, or sassy, playful, and frolicsome for commercials.
- Clear, compassionate, kind, and polished for narration and documentaries.
- Engaging storyteller for both children, young adult (YA) and adult audio books.
- Professional, clean, familiar, and precise for eLearning and training with experience in healthcare and technical/ IT related training.
English (North American), English
British, Irish, North American, US Midwest (Chicago, Great Lakes), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta)
Middle Aged, Teen, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Movie Trailers, Music, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
After graduating from college with a degree in Electronic Media, (major is sound engineering) I began working in a recording studio and soon came face to mic with the wonderful world of voice overs!
I started doing voice overs for Video Games and Commercials and have since expanded into Audio books, Trainings, Documentaries, and Mobil apps.
Lately, I've also expanded into doing several eLearning projects for Dept. of Education and PBS.
Voice Over and Acting Training and Education
- B.F.A. Electronic Media from College Conservatory of Music - University of Cincinnati (audio/video production)
- Commercial and Character Voice Over Classes with Joe Loesch
- Acting for Film with Steve Flannigan
- Voice Over Training for Audio Books with Bette Zoller and Joe Loesch
- Voice-Over Training for Commercials Joe Loesch & Rodney Saulsbury
- Major in Drama and classes through elementary and high school including several lead roles.
Technical, Creative and Copy Writing Training
- Created, wrote and produced copy for commercial radio, TV, internet and print.
- Professional experience in technical and business writing primarily for healthcare, software development, digital security, and IT.
- Currently preparing first book of speculative fiction 'King - the series' for publication.
- Wrote, voiced, and illustrated children's book, 'The Mystery Tree'.
- Major in Creative Writing
- Won $500 in writing contest based on readers votes
Computer & Software
Protools, Mbox Mini
email, hard copy CD, access to any
24-48 hours depending on project
As a voice over artist, my primary goal is to convey the fullness of your message by giving your words a voice, bringing your words to life. Combined with a commitment to exceed your expectations by using my professional experience as both a sound engineer and a producer to ‘nail it’, as well as providing exceptional service.
I also offer copy writing as well as on camera and print.
I love the warm, conversational tone of your reads.Jupiter Entertainment
I would love to have you in the foldPBS
You have an amazingly beautiful voice. Your register (pitch) is very desirable and it feels comfortable, not forced. The inflection reveals a natural skill.Michael Pummell
Your voice is peaceful yet powerful at the same time.Beth's Pets
Voice Over Clients
Department of Education
Knoxville Art Museum
Painting with a Twist
(Website hidden) - internet radio
Hire Gretchen as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Gretchen Paxton about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.