My voice is often described as honest, sensible, believable and easy to identify with. It is warm and resonant, conveying friendly familiarity and sincerity. I have naturally strong articulation, pronunciation and emotion without sounding "announcerish." I'm the voice of the friend you can count on, and the supportive husband or dad. I am the confident voice of authority, and a wacked-out, nut-ball too. I also do a vast range of character voices and accents.
I am determined to make each recording better than the last. I'm a dependable professional who constantly strives to deliver the perfect voice and read for the occasion, and for my clients. I take direction very well, and pride myself on delivering under pressure with minimal ego.
English (North American), English
British, Eastern European, German, North American, Russian, Spanish, US New England (Boston, Providence), US New York (New Jersey, Bronx, Brooklyn)
Middle Aged, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Jingles, Movie Trailers, Music, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
• In New York City I produced and directed music videos aired on MTV for major record labels.
Produced and edited award winning short films for comedians such as Laura Kightlinger and Louie C.K.
• Many years as a union editor and assistant, working with some of the most respected people in the television and feature film industries.
• I perform standup comedy at clubs all around LA.
• Performed all ten animal character voices featured in a childrens' audio tour for the J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles. It can be heard anytime by renting their audio tour MP3 player.
• Huck Liggett at The Voicecaster in Burbank, CA.
• Gary Giambo at Talk Shop in Sherman Oaks, CA.
• Mike Elmore at Voices For All, Santa Monica, CA.
• Certificate courses in Avid editing, assisting, troubleshooting, and effects and at Video Symphony in LA.
• NYU’s summer intensive filmmaking program.
• Graduated from The George Washington University with a B.A. in history and philosophy.
Computer & Software
Mac, Audacity, Final Cut Pro
Usually within 24 hours.
Hire NICK as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact NICK SMITH about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.