I have a clear, authoritative, deep speaking voice that is perfect for all types of projects. As a longtime television news reporter, I established a reputation for delivering reports using clear diction that is both warm and commanding. My voice gets people's attention and stays in their minds, ensuring that your brand resonates with your target audience long beyond your commercial's initial airing. I can turn any project around in a matter of minutes. Deadline is not a problem nor is the quality of the product you'll receive.
English (North American), English
Middle Aged, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Jingles, Movie Trailers, Music, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
MATTHEW M. LINDNER (Email hidden)
2740 N. Pine Grove Ave. #7E
Chicago, IL 60614
Self Employed Chicago, IL
Freelance Reporter ((Website hidden), (Website hidden)) April 2010-Present
• Develop and pitch story ideas designed to further the nation’s sports conversation on a regular basis while driving increased traffic to each website.
• Researched and wrote stories designed to appeal to both sports fans and non-sports fans alike.
• Led coverage of major events including the 2009 and 2010 Midwest League All-Star Games, developing and writing preview stories, game recaps and other unique aspects of each contest.
• Establish effective working relationships with athletes, executives and other front office personnel.
(Website hidden) Chicago, IL
Freelance Copywriter March 2011-June 2011
• Work with YouSwoop’s Managing Editor to develop and establish the growing site’s official voice by blending a sense of humor with a sense of professionalism.
• Conduct extensive market research on individual companies and their products to determine what separates them from the rest, distilling that information into a 300 word detailed deal.
• Concept and write multiple deals designed to engage customers while selling as many products as possible under tight deadlines (Up to 10 deals per week).
Public Communications Inc. Chicago, IL
Public Relations Account Executive September 2010-June 2011
• Develop social media messaging designed to drive traffic to client websites and generate maximum interaction between client and their digital fan base. Advise clients on how to increase audience engagement through their channels.
• Write press releases, fact sheets and other media materials utilizing AP style designed to tell client stories to a broad audience.
• Conduct extensive research that lead to new business opportunities both internally and externally for clients. For technology client, came up with a list of eight influencers that would be good candidates for a new communication vehicle and why. Client wound up hiring two of them to launch brand new news and information website.
KWQC-TV (NBC Affiliate) Davenport, IA
News Reporter/Photographer August 2007-March 2010
• Helped grow station’s digital fan base on Facebook and Twitter nearly four-fold by posting engaging and informative content, making viewers a part of the newsgathering process. Utilize social media channels to conduct interviews and reach out to sources that I otherwise would not have been able to get ahold of.
• Write several news stories under very tight deadlines about topics ranging from crime to charity events, forcing me to learn a lot about each subject in a short period of time.
• Research and contribute multiple story ideas which could potentially lead any one of our shows.
• Establish and maintain relationships with local leaders in order to break stories of importance to the community.
Chicago Rush (Arena Football League franchise) Des Plaines, IL
Community Relations Assistant/Team Mascot October 2005-August 2007
• Helped develop a comprehensive community relations program to help the organization introduce its first ever mascot.
• Identified target audiences that would respond best to our efforts and came up with materials that would help increase brand awareness for both the mascot and the organization.
• Represented the organization at events throughout the community and at meet-and-greets with potential sponsors.
WIFR-TV (CBS Affiliate) Rockford, IL
News Reporter/Photographer March-November 2006
• Worked to identify areas of interest to our audience and develop stories that would affect the broadest range of viewers.
• Collaborated with others to write several smaller stories in addition to my main story for the day.
• Helped to determine which stories we would be covering for all three weekend shows, including two lead stories and several smaller local stories.
Milwaukee Brewers Milwaukee, WI
Media Relations Intern/Game Day Entertainment Assistant May-August 2003, May 2004-April 2006
• Wrote press releases and feature stories for the team's website and alumni newsletter. Researched and compiled statistical data for the team's media guide and other publications put out by the department. Provided game day information to the media and assisted with any media inquiries.
• Later joined the team’s game day entertainment staff, where I was responsible for representing the organization at community events and home games. Duties included performing in front of large crowds as one of the team’s mascots, getting the crowd involved the 7th Inning Stretch, and other duties as assigned.
WITI Fox 6 Milwaukee Milwaukee, WI
Sports Department Intern July-August 2005
• Wrote scripts for multiple evening sportscasts under tight deadlines.
• Generated and helped produce story ideas designed to appeal to both sports fans and non-sports fans alike.
• Edited and archived video so that it would be easily accessible for both producers and talent when needed.
Indiana Firebirds (Arena Football League franchise) Indianapolis, IN
Communications Intern September 2003-May 2004
• Wrote press releases, player profiles, and game summaries for the team’s website while meeting stringent deadlines.
• Researched and compiled team statistics for team records and the coaching staff in preparation for upcoming games.
• Developed a targeted list of media contacts for appropriate distribution of team-related materials.
Purdue University Interfraternity Council West Lafayette, IN
Director of Publications January 2003-December 2003
• Led a team of writers in producing a monthly publication, consistently adapting our content to fit our audience’s interests and needs.
• Designed and distributed a “Welcome Back” newspaper that contributed to a fifteen percent increase in fraternity and sorority recruitment numbers.
• Completely redesigned layout and increased circulation by 2,500 as a result of increased demand for our product.
University of Miami Coral Gables, FL
Master of Arts, Television Broadcast Journalism August 2005
Purdue University West Lafayette, IN
B.A., Psychology, Minors: Communication, English, and Org. Leadership and Supervision May 2004
Master of Arts, Television Broadcast Journalism, University of Miami (August 2005)
Computer & Software
E-mail, US Mail, FedEx
Hire Matt as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Matt Lindner about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.