A natural, conversational voice. A friendly, sincere quality that communicates important information in the most believable and honest manner.
His voice has been defined as Warm, Smooth, Dynamic, Rich, Humorous, Encouraging, Authoritative, Educational, Friendly and Conversational.
James is the quintessential "Guy-Next-Door." "James has a youthful exuberance, he loves his work and he is fun to work with."
"He can make your script sound strong and commanding." his voice has an elegant calm that makes you want to listen."
If you are searching for someone to do you Corporate training or Business narrations James has the voice for it. Allied health, medical explainer videos or audio tutorials he extra education gives him an edge here.
Phone systems, eLearning courses, Urgent recordings, you name it, if you need it James can give it a voice.
English (North American), English
French, German, Italian American, North American, US New England (Boston, Providence), US New York (New Jersey, Bronx, Brooklyn), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta), US South West (Texas)
Middle Aged, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
I have voiced...
* Promotional videos
* Synchronized pre-enrollment slide presentations
+ for college preparatory schools
+ for several leadership camps
* Weekly informational public access television show
* Daily educational institution news and information television show
In addition, I have spent many years in front of the classroom lecturing and teaching large (Largest group 550+) and small groups (30 to 60) in multiple subjects within medicine across all levels of healthcare. Clarity of the spoken word and enticing the attention of the audience are a thrill and a necessity in public speaking.
B.A. - Communications - Emphasis in Audio Production - 1993 - Saint Mary's College of California
M.I.C.P. - Paramedicine - 1994 - Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital, School for Paramedics
M.H.A - Healthcare Administration - 2006 - Saint Joseph's College
M.D. - Doctor of Medicine - 2007 - Saint Matthew's University - School of Human Medicine
I use a large diaphragm condenser microphone (MXL 770)
Computer & Software
I utilize PC based Adobe Audition recording and editing software. I am available through Skype and Source-Connect.
For recording I utilize a solidstate computer with an Onyx Blackjack 2x2 USB interface for my microphone.
For no extra cost - email attachment, downloadable link or a Dropbox file. For an additional fee regular mail with a CD, or a USB thumb drive.
12 to 24-hours typically - usually less, more if it is a large project.
* As an artist I take my job seriously and I value the work I produce.
*Your project is a reflection of my time in the studio therefore you and your project are valuable to me.
* I will make every effort to provide you with professional and timely results.
* My home studio and equipment is state of the art, I use a large diaphragm condenser microphone and production software driven by an Onyx Blackjack 2x2 USB recording interface.
* I will not cut corners to save time and create garbage.
* I edit my work using Adobe Audition software; through which I can produce multiple track recordings with sound effects and music. (All projects are produced in MP3 format unless you wish to have a different format created.)
* I am available through Skype and Source-Connect for remote direction in my home studio.
Additional specialty services that I can provide... Include:
* If English is not your first language, I can work with you on your script so that it will be grammatically correct. This will insure that it will appeal to your intended audience.
* I am able to produce multi-track recordings that will make your project take on a life of its own. If you have specific sound effects or music you own and wish to incorporate I can do that too.
"James has a youthful, strong and commanding voice that makes you want to listen."Anonymous online comment
"Jim's ability to command a room is impressive. It is a pleasure to listen and watch him teach."Unnamed student evaluation
"He captures your attention. It is uncanny how his inflection just grabs you and brings you along."Unnamed student evaluation
Hire James as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact James B about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.