I have a dynamic and versatile voice. I can be easily directed into any style you wish to employ in your project.
Rich , Warm , Smooth , Humorous , Aggressive , Sharp , Authoritative , Silly , Fun , Friendly , I am the quintessential Conversational , Guy-Next-Door .
I am also very good at those intimate and heartfelt moments with an encouraging , inspirational , heartening , emotional and believable voice.
I have had student evaluations that have said, "James has a youthful, strong and commanding voice that makes you want to listen."
If E-Learning is what you are producing my 20-years of actual "edu-tainment" style medical lecturing gives me the credible , convincing style voice. A voice that is perfect for your next corporate , business , training , technical or explainer project.
English (North American), English
French, German, Italian American, North American, US New England (Boston, Providence), US New York (New Jersey, Bronx, Brooklyn), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta), US South West (Texas)
Child, Middle Aged, Young Adult
Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
My first voice-over was several decades ago. I voiced many projects and public service announcements throughout my tenure in school sponsored radio and television. Production and Communications was central to my life during my education. Upon graduation my career took me in a completely different direction.
I have spent the better part of three decades learning and working in medicine. First at the student level of course, then working my way through prehospital medicine all the way up to the physician level.
I currently lecture and consult in medical learning and have been teaching all levels of medical providers for 20-years. Medicine became my passion and I love teaching others the art and science. Part of teaching is stage presence and the ability to command a room. I believe that this is where my background in communication and medicine come together for an excellent integration with voice acting.
B.A. - Communications - Emphasis in Audio Production - 1993 - Saint Mary's College of California
M.I.C.P. - Paramedicine - 1994 - Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital, School for Paramedics
M.H.A - Healthcare Administration - 2006 - Saint Joseph's College
M.D. - Doctor of Medicine - 2007 - Saint Matthew's University - School of Human Medicine
I use a large diaphragm condenser microphone (MXL 770)
Computer & Software
I utilize PC based Adobe Audition recording and editing software. I am available through Skype and Source-Connect.
For recording I utilize a solidstate computer with an Onyx Blackjack 2x2 USB interface for my microphone.
For no extra cost - email attachment, downloadable link or a Dropbox file. For an additional fee regular mail with a CD, or a USB thumb drive.
12 to 24-hours typically - usually less, more if it is a large project.
* As an artist I take my job seriously and I value the work I produce.
*Your project is a reflection of my time in the studio therefore you and your project are valuable to me.
* I will make every effort to provide you with professional and timely results.
* My home studio and equipment is state of the art, I use a large diaphragm condenser microphone and production software driven by an Onyx Blackjack 2x2 USB recording interface.
* I will not cut corners to save time and create garbage.
* I edit my work using Adobe Audition software; through which I can produce multiple track recordings with sound effects and music. (All projects are produced in MP3 format unless you wish to have a different format created.)
* I am available worldwide via Google, Skype, Source-Connect and other downloadable platforms for remote direction in my home studio if you wish.
Additional specialty services that I can provide... Include:
* If English is not your first language, I can work with you on your script so that it will be grammatically correct. This will insure that it will appeal to your intended audience.
* I am able to engineer and produce your project as well. If you have specific sound effects or music you own and wish to incorporate just let me know and I can create what you want to hear.
"James has a youthful, strong and commanding voice that makes you want to listen."Anonymous online comment
"Jim's ability to command a room is impressive. It is a pleasure to listen and watch him teach."Unnamed student evaluation
"He captures your attention. It is uncanny how his inflection just grabs you and brings you along."Unnamed student evaluation
Hire James as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact James B about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.