I have been a Pro singer for 25 years so I have a naturally, husky sounding voice. I grew up with English parents in New Zealand so I have a very neutral accent however I can put on any English or kiwi accent you need. Great passion for acting so cartoon voices or other unique sounding voices for me are no problem. I lived in China for 12 years so my spoken Mandarin is good (with a foreign accent of course, not like native born speakers). I also speak a bit of Japanese.
English (British), English (New Zealand), English (Australian), English
Australian, British, Canadian, England - London (Cockney, Estuary, East End), England - Received Pronunciation (RP, BBC), French, Irish, Italian, New Zealand, North American, Scottish (Standard Scottish English), South African, US New York (New Jersey, Bronx, Brooklyn)
Middle Aged, Senior
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
- Numerous jobs for Voices.com including Asiagogo, NZ Hero, Exxon Mobile to name a few
- Various V.O jobs for TV programs, movies and commercials in Shanghai doing English overdubs.
- Voice Over for Self Hypnosis tracks and meditation at mind-guider website.
- Numerous jobs through voices.com
- Singer/Entertainer 25 years.
- Cartoon voice for Brazilian talking toy 'Sparks Dogs', by Toys Talk.
- 3 singing and lyrics jobs for Brazilian TV including Yakult, Citroen, Jequiti (Perfume).
B.A. Chinese Degree (NZ AUT). Cert Teaching English To Adults (AUT). Diploma Hypnotherapy, Diploma Master Clinical Hypnotherapist (H.M.I. Malaysia). Diploma Swedish/Thai Massage(Wellness Group MY). Cert P.A.D.I. Scuba Instructor (PADI Flora Bay Course Center MY). Cert Acting for Flim And Television (AUT).
- Have produced three 5 piece band CD's and numerous singles for various artists from my home studio in Shanghai China.
- The voice overs and music for the above mentioned Brazilian talking dog were all recorded and produced at my studio.
- Recorded and produced my own original Cd and released into China market (originals in both English and Chinese (me singing)).
- Currently have new home studio up and running. I also have many years experience doing sound for bands and live recordings etc.
- Experienced sound engineer for both studio and live situations.
Electro-Voice RE-320, Apogee One Microphone, Shure SM58, Shure GLX-D4, AKG C-520L, Audio Technica ATM510
Computer & Software
Mac Mini 2014, Logic Pro X
Apogee One Soundcard
Online, email, Dropbox, skype, voices,com, etc
Within specified time, ASAP within reason
- Lastest high quality recording equipment
- top quality clean tracks ready to use
- fast turnaround time
- singer/songwriter/composer/voice over/lyricist
- great imagination and vocal range both for voice over and singing
"Steve was great to work with - friendly, communicative, and talented with a willingness to do what it takes to make the project great! Thanks Steve!"Exxon Mobile
Voice Over Clients
NZ Tourism Company HERO video
Hire Steve as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Steve Steels about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.
Variety of British accents in various roles 57 Listens
Variety of American accents in various roles 16 Listens
story teller, senior, raspy, british 45 Listens
internet product sales pitch 1 Listen
husky, creepy, storyteller 13 Listens
sales pitch for security product 2 Listens
Creepy storyteller, raspy, deep, creepy 6 Listens
animated voices, male, british/neutral, middle aged/senior/young, high and deep, cartoonish 30 Listens
telephone VO council recorded message 4 Listens
THIBAUT DEHEM for Job #201995 Committee of the Regions - LGBTISep 27, 2016
Keri Hayter for Job #190164 Voices-Company Sizzle Reel Incredible job!!!Jul 19, 2016
Elliot MacKinnon for Job #168847 Voices.com - Corporate Promo Video - Looking for Neutral British Accent Steve did an amazing job on this project! A true professional whom we would be very happy to collaborate with again in the future!
Jan 28, 2016
Hilary Neblett for Job #168935 ExxonMobil: Bridging Video - Mid-Ocean / Transatlantic Dialects Steve was great to work with - friendly, communicative, and talented with a willingness to do what it takes to make the project great! Thanks Steve!Jan 25, 2016
arianna azzolini for Job #155229 when u close your eyesSep 10, 2015