Tony Chen is a Mandarin Voice-Over Artist (and English with British and a slight Chinese accent) distinguished for his nice and clear voice with the ability to accurately grasp the complex mentality of the figures, to bring the audience into the plot and, at the same time, to act as a dubber for different characters.
Tony’s voice over works is fully supported by his music background - vocal training in University of Huddersfield, UK, as well as music producing, which is grand, magnificent and beautiful, transmitting a power that makes people feel bright and uplifting.
Mandarin(Mainland China); English(British)
Teen, Young Adult, Middle Aged
Cartoons, Movie Trailers, Documentaries, Audiobooks, Business, Educational, Radio, Telephone, Videogames, Jingles, Podcasting, Television, Internet, Music
- Bilingual: Mandarin and English (British with a slight Chinese accent);
- 10 years of professional voice over production of commercials, corporate videos, movie dubbings and documentaries;
- Speaks standard Mandarin, without any other accents of Hong Kong or Taiwan;
- Delivery style: Corporate, deep, educational, elegant and intelligent;
- Experiences of TV Presenter and acting;
The British flair to Tony’s accent gives him a very worldly international sound that many companies will enjoy.
Tony Chen is also a young freelance music talent who has worked for various TV/Film/Radio/Theatre production projects with his convincing talent of music composition and arrangement.
Honors and Awards:
1. 2013 Hollywood Music In Media Awards™ Music in Visual Media Nominee in Song – Indie Film/Documentary/Short Category
2. 2013 Hollywood Music In Media Awards™ Music Genre Nominee in CONTEMPORARY ORCHESTRAL/INSTRUMENTAL Category
3. Honor Finalist of The 14th Annual Great American Song Contest
4. Official Nominee of The 12th Annual Independent Music Awards
5. 2013 Hollywood Music In Media Awards™ Music Genre Nominee in CONTEMPORARY ORCHESTRAL/INSTRUMENTAL Category
1. 2012 Hollywood Music In Media Awards™ Nominee for Best Soundtrack Album
2. Top Honor Winner of The 11th Annual Independent Music Awards
3. First Place Winner of The 13th Annual Great American Song Contest
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600S CPU @2.80GHZ; RAM: 8G
YAMAHA MIXER MG102C, Cubase 6; Monitor: ADAM A5X Professional Audio; Audio Interface: M-AUDIO|Fast Track C400
Email, FTP, Dropbox
It depends on the Clients need. I can finish the work within 12 hrs if needed.
All kinds of Voice over in Mandarin and English (with Chinese accent or British accent), and I can also make it ready to sync the vo to your video.
Nice and clean edited audio, great performance plus fast turnaround time.
“Tony’s voice can also freely and fully express different thoughts and feelings as well as the features of different themes. As far as a dubbing actor is concerned, it is the most difficult part to achieve, that is, a dubbing actor is required to dub different characters in different situations with different dubbing techniques, which requires the dubbing actor to have both voice conditions and superb dubbing techniques. …he will surely become a great master of dubbing in the time to come”.Mr. Jiang Guangyu, a formal professional actor in the main land China and now a host and a program producer of the Independent Global Chinese TV network New Tang Dynasty Television (NTDTV)
"Tony was the perfect choice for our e-Learning voice-over. He delivered a convincing performance and needed very little direction. In addition, he was able to coordinate and record other voice talent, so we were able to complete the project in a timely manner."Tom Cummings, Cummings Creative Inc.
"Tony Chen is an excellent narrator and sound engineer, delivering projects on time, in budget and perfectly recorded. I cannot remember an instance of needing a correction! We can truly rely on him for Mandarin voiceover."-Joan Dans, VoiceoverProductions.com
"Tony is a pleasure to work with. Not only are his voice-overs great, he is flexible, cooperative and always pleasant."Julia Knapp, Subtitling Manager, GoLocalise
"Tony is an extremely talented voiceover artist who brings loads of experience and his music composing genius with him to every job.Eduardo de Sousa – Director and Producer, Flavour Productions, Lda.
He recently provided a corporate reading for us at very short notice and we had nothing but positive comments. His Sync-to-video skills are second to non and that makes our job easier, plus, he has the ability to read diferent languages from audio references, making him a unique talent for cross culture jobs.
I would have no hesitation in recommending him to other companies."
Main clients and previous projects include:
• Edge Factory (2010 EMMY© NOMINATED/23 INTERNATIONAL AWARDS);
• Marriot Hotel
• Microsoft Surface
• Nokia Bandit
• rbRitchie Bros.
• University of San Diego
• Union View (Associate with British media The Independent),
• Journeyman Pictures,
• Mini Paceman
• NEW TANG DYNASTY TELEVISION: The largest independent Global Chinese language TV network;
• Sound of Hope Radio Network (SOH)The Global non-profit Chinese radio station;
He has worked as TV presenter, Radio Host/Music DJ, Voice over artist, music composer and film dubber for many projects launched in the media industry.
Hire Tony for voice-over work. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Tony Chen about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.