Hi! I'm Stephanie Murphy.
I'm an experienced Voice Actor with thousands of projects successfully completed. I have a PhD in Biochemistry and half a medical degree, and I'm experienced with several languages and dialects.
I love to create voiceovers and audiobooks!
✔ I have a warm and conversational sound.
✔ I do voiceover in American English.
✔ Specializing in medical and scientific voiceover.
Hi, and thanks for being here! I’m Stephanie Murphy, PhD. I’ve been a full time voice actor since 2013 and I love bringing my clients’ projects to life with my voice.
Before becoming a voice actor, I completed my PhD in Biochemistry, studying Alzheimer's Disease. I also went through half of a medical degree before leaving to pursue my voice acting dreams. I have been voice acting full time ever since! I have so much fun doing this, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn something new from each and every script.
People describe my voice as warm, feminine, “real,” and super easy on the ears. I can do a range of deliveries, but some of my best and most requested by my clients are: trustworthy, authentic & genuine, connecting with the listener, upbeat/excited, scientific, and even sexy and romantic.
I have a general American accent that is described as neutral (without a regional accent,) but fits especially well with New England or California. I’m originally from Massachusetts, USA. I live in the greater Boston region and work on Eastern time.
Although I'm American, I have spent time in the UK and I have a strong performance in British English (BBC/RP, Southern England, London). I speak some other languages not well enough to do full voiceover in them, but well enough to perform scripts that are mostly in English with words, phrases, or accents in the following languages: Spanish, German, and Hebrew.
You can hear my most up to date demos and get in touch with me directly about your project at my website - S M Voice dot info. I look forward to hearing from you!
Even if I'm not a match for your current project, please feel welcome to add me to your favorites list here on voices! I am happy to hear from you any time and provide a custom audition sample for you.
I'm an active user of Voices and book jobs through the platform weekly. Past clients have appreciated my fast turnaround times and generous revision policy. I'm always happy to provide audition samples so please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to hear a custom read from your script.
I would love to work with you and help you bring your next audio project to life!
My voice is popular in the following genres:
• Medical and Scientific – articulate, knowledgeable, and compassionate but never condescending or distracting, all while maintaining a natural and conversational style. I have a PhD in biomedical science and a background in medicine. I speak “medicalese” with ease!
• Explainer Videos – professional, authoritative, and no-nonsense but always conversational. I handle business jargon with ease and communicate the ideas so that everyone is on the same page.
• Phone Greetings – If you want a friendly, professional voice to welcome your customers when they call your business on the phone, I could be an excellent match for you. I have voiced many dozens of phone systems, voicemail greetings, and IVRs. ¡Hablo Español! (Not a native speaker, but good enough to pull off a phone greeting.)
• Mom – a sweet, comforting, very feminine sound that really says, “mom!”
• Tutorial Videos and e-Learning – pleasant, conversational and never distracting or jarring. I love to teach. Especially medical e-Learning!
• Explainer Videos – if you want to deliver a powerful pitch, pick me. I will enthusiastically explain to the world why your company is awesome! Conversational, pleasant, you’ll hear the smile in my voice.
• Podcasts – I’ve been podcasting since 2009 and have voiced intros for many dozens of other podcasts. Professional, sexy, happy & excited, character voices… I’ve done it all in podcast intro/outros!
• Radio Commercials – I’ve worked in radio since 2010 and have written, voiced, and produced many dozens of radio ads since then.
• Audiobooks – I’ve narrated over 120 audiobooks (check out my portfolio by searching Audible for Stephanie Murphy) and my bestselling title has sold over 15000 copies.
Experience: I’ve been working with my voice since 2009, and took my voiceover career full time in 2013.
Before becoming a full time voice actor I completed my PhD in Biochemistry and also attended medical school for two years. As a result, I have an extremely high level of familiarity with medical and science terminology that most voice talents don’t have. My experience as a scientist and student physician makes me very comfortable communicating medical and scientific messages.
I am an active practitioner of yoga and meditation for over a decade. I can deliver a yoga, fitness, relaxation/meditation script in a genuine way, and I really enjoy these types of projects.
I would love to hear from you, so please contact me today to request an audition sample and let's talk about how I can you bring your next audio project to life!