Voice Over Demos
My news programming involved reading what I wrote, so I usually sounded authoritative, which had to help my longevity. Six newscasts Mon - Fri for 21+ years.
In narration, I was one of three voices behind an in-service audiotape update for medical professionals in the late 1980s. It was there I learned to pronounce multi-syllabic medical terminology like hypercholesterolimia. It persisted for two years.
My announcing involves principally the Sun Valley Ice Show, which I've emceed for 19 years now and will again this summer (2009). It's a live show around 90 minutes in length with lots of Russian and Slavic names to pronounce.
I've also announced many ski- and bicycle races over the years.
I'm a male voice in my mid 50s, medium depth and precision with good conversational enunciation from 20+ years as a professional radio news and event announcer.
I understand pace and timing, soft and firm voicing and I've done comedic roles as well.
I can pronounce Spanish and most French words. I have passable accents in British, Cockney, Boston and Southern US and other speech patterns.
With an opportunity to prepare, I'm a one-take guy, easy to work with and will do whatever's required to produce on-time.
How do I work with Gary Stivers?
You can start working with Gary Stivers in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices account.
- Invite Gary Stivers to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review Gary Stivers' proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire Gary Stivers and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices works here.
How do I pay Gary Stivers?
Payment to Gary Stivers is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with Gary Stivers' work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to Gary Stivers in just a couple of clicks.