MEET YOUR GOAL WITH JACK DE GOLIA, THE VOICE OF CHARACTER!
Want depth? Warmth? Humor? Character voices? Want a talent that's easy and fast to work with? Jack will give you winning, ahead-of-schedule reads of ads, audiobooks, cartoons and video games.
With a stage-acting career spanning four decades, Jack brings a seasoned and always fresh approach to voice work. It's been said he has the voice of "every man's man." A veteran of radio broadcasting and a long-time career as a spokesman before microphone and camera, Jack has the voice of comfort, and is the reliable teller of the straight story.
All this makes him a credible, laid-back storyteller, a skilled narrator, capable of dialects (High British, comedic Spanish), characterizations, wry comedy, and a conversational style. He's your average Joe, trustworthy, friendly, ironic, upbeat--your neighbor--and a solid storyteller.
For more, see this website, or go to http://www.jackwestcoast.com/
Jack is a VO talent based in Las Vegas, Nevada, and lives in nearby Henderson, NV.
English, English (North American)
Spanish, High British, New York, California (West Coast) American English, Elf, Crazed Rabbit, Santa Claus, Nerd
Middle Aged, Senior
Cartoons, Documentaries, Audiobooks, Educational, Videogames
Jack is adept at taking direction and changing reads to suit the client's need. His voice-over experience includes independent film, commercials, internet cartoons, and more. He's acted in professional and community theater, and he's been a coach and acting teacher in community theater settings. Jack trained with voice-over veterans Alice Whitfield and Melissa Moats, both in Las Vegas.
Jack attended Voice2012 and continues to train with Vegas Voicers and online.
Before his voice-over career, Jack was a professional government communicator. He was a park ranger for the National Park Service in Yellowstone, Everglades, and other national parks, explaining park features to the visiting public. He was a public affairs officer for both the U.S. Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service, working in public and Congressional relations, writing news releases, briefing materials, and planning communications strategy about public-land management issues.
He worked for decades as a public information officer for wildfires and other emergencies. This involved communicating on websites, social media, door to door, at public meetings, and on the phone with a wide variety of people.
BA in Dramatic Art, University of California, Davis
Spokesman: Public Affairs Officer, US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management
Public Speaker: National Park Service, US Forest Service, BLM
Voice Training: Alice Whitfield, Las Vegas; Melissa Moats, Henderson, Nev.
Stage Acting: Community theaters in Montana and at the University of Montana-Western
Voice 2012 Voice-over Convention
OneStopVO Promo training with Joyce Castellanos, 2013
Studio Projects C1 and VO 1A
MacBook Air, Shure X2U signal adapter, TwistedWave, iZotope RX2, Skype, phone patch, and with prior arrangement, ISDN.
Sennheiser HD280 Pro Headphones
email, FTP, Dropbox
24 hours but usually much faster!
Jack offers commercial reads both for radio and TV, video & internet narration, animation voicing, telephone answering message, audiobook services and more. Jack can deliver by email, Drop Box, YouSendIt, or FTP. He can produce files in AIFF, WAV, MP3, and many more formats!
Jack's estimated turnaround time is 24 hours depending on the length of the final product, "de-breathed" and dry voice only. His rate includes his initial submission of a completed script and one to two revisions, depending on the length of the project. He charges accordingly for subsequent revisions, usually at the rate of 50% of the original job rate.
Jack does ask clients to specify the timing of reads or to specify that no particular time is required.
Jack has the voice of "every man's man."Melissa Moats
Congratulations, Jack. I listened to Orientation and thought the audio narration was excellent--your subtle changes in word and phrase emphasis were right on. Also your narration gave the major characters different voices so it was easy to know who was speaking. Jack deGolia blended into the background and let the characters speak--audiobooks are best when the narrator blends into the background. I've listened to lots of audiobooks and put you right up there with the best!Bill L., Oregon
I hired Jack for my client's audiobook project - a novel by a foreign author. Jack was very attentive to my client's wishes, respected the deadline, worked at a good pace, reported regularly and delivered an excellent product. Moreover, Jack went an extra mile to provide feedback that helped my client to improve the book. I recommend Jack's services to everyone who's looking for a high value professional narration/voiceover.-Camilla Stein, Glagoslav PublicationsGlagoslav Publications
• Switch Marketing. Hear the work Jack did for them at http://www.ironmountain.com/Knowledge-Center/Reference-Library/View-by-Document-Type/Demonstrations-Videos/Campaigns/Meet-Kevin.aspx
• Magic Ink Books, Justin Stockton. Children's book reading (Night Before Christmas app)
• Patrick Kirkley, student film maker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGgxPVBV2xY&feature=youtubegdataplayer&fb_source=message
• Highlights for Children, Chris Retts (Kids Comedy Club Webpage Proposal) http://jeffmohl.com/demos/highlights/jokes/dev/
• Harvest Creative Services, Mark Miller (Metro Lansing YMCA radio ad)
• Creative Communication & Design, Stephanie Bresnahan (Marshfield Clinic radio ad)
• FG Creative, Tina Arnot (The Living Desert Zoo radio ad)
• Brad Bower, video game producer (Bunny Predator character in “Heroes of Newerth”)
• Vismomedia, Cesar Montoya (OcuSave internet ad)
• Sight & Sound Services, Pat McAbery (voice for government video)
• Vismomedia, Cesar Montoya (Visibility internet ad)
• The Adato Group, Daisy Adato. (CashCo Pawn Valentine radio ad)
• ACX Audiobooks: Orientation, Obsessed, The Bear with Two Shadows, White Jade, Are But Shadows, The Black Death of Babylon, Anywhere But Here, Red Sky at Morning, The 7th Pillar, Fires Rising, Our Dying Land, Skull & Bones
• Gagoslav Publications, Camilla Stein. (Audiobook: Sin by Zahkar Prilepin)
• BearManor Media, Ben Ohmart (Audiobook: Another Nice Mess by Raymond Valinoti, Jr.)
• Marathon Petroleum: Joe Brewer, Kim Stevenson (T&L Program Video); Cris Glenn (Fueling Fitness Video) with British accent
Hire Jack for voice-over work. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Jack de Golia about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.