Your Privacy Protection is Assured
Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is fundamental to the way we conduct business at Voices. To us, providing you with the best customer service includes handling your personal information with great care and respect.
Voices takes precautions – including administrative, technical, and physical measures – to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When you register at Voices we agree to protect the privacy of that information in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. Since January 1st, 2004, this Act requires every organization to obtain the consent of individuals before collecting, using or disclosing personal information in the course of commercial activity.
Integrity of Your Personal Information
As a member of Voices, you have entrusted us with your personal information such as your name, address, phone number and business details. This information is recorded in your file, stored on bank-level secure Internet servers, and hosted in multi-million dollar data centers. The information is only accessed by authorized system administrators and support representatives to help answer questions regarding your membership account. More specifically, we use this information to communicate with you.
How We Protect Your Information
We protect your information at all times with appropriate safeguards and security measures. Our strict security standards protect our systems and your personal information against unauthorized access or use. In fact, access to your file is restricted to our support representatives, who as part of their agreements, are bound to maintain your confidentiality.
When We Disclose Information
Use of your Personal Information
Voices identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below we will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purpose of:
1. communicating with you generally
2. processing your subscription and purchases
3. processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
4. protecting against fraud or error
5. providing products and services requested by you
6. recommending products, services and events that Voices believes will be of interest and provide value to you
7. performing statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of this site so as to improve design and navigation and to gather marketing information. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose.
8. personalizing online advertisements that Voices believes will be of interest and provide value to you
9. fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you
10. improving Voices’s products and services (such as leveraging transactional data to improve search and VoiceMatch ranking, or transcribing demos to improve SEO ranking)
11. complying with legal and governmental requirements
12. providing information to research partners and academics that advances scholarship and innovation that support Voices’s business or mission, and enhances discovery and innovation on topics relating to the advancement of Voice Over.
You Benefit From Personalized Service
Access to your personal information also enables us to offer you more personalized service. The better we know you, the better we are able to respond to your needs. With a clear understanding of your personal situation, we can offer informed advice and assist you now and in the future.
Your Right to Access, Update and Correct Your Information at Anytime
At Voices, we trust and value the accuracy of your personal information. At all times, you have the right to ask for access to the information in your file and request that we update your file for accuracy or correct any errors.
Your Right To Withdraw From Data Collection
We respect your right to privacy and make it easy to withdraw from data collection, specifically by blocking cookies and unsubscribing from emails. By withdrawing consent, consequently, Voices may not be able to offer as personalized of a service by phone, email or on the Web. If you’d like to withdraw from data collection, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request.
Serving You Better
Voices is the leading online marketplace. We thank you for your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. If you have any questions or concerns, they can be sent to email@example.com or by mail to Voices, 100 Dundas Street, Suite 700, London, ON N6A 5B6 Canada.