Frequently Asked Questions
The best place to find voice actors based in Los Angeles is Voices, the #1 voice over marketplace. Voices connects you to voice actors quickly and you can hear custom auditions and responses from local talent often in under an hour. To find voice actors based in Los Angeles, use the Voices search to filter by keyword or city. Or, share your requirements for a local voice actor when you post a job for free. Don’t spend time waiting to hear back from talent agencies! Get to work right away with the perfect Los Angeles-based voice actor.
Find Professional Voice Over Actors Near Los Angeles
Voice actors are in high demand. Beyond animated movies and video games, voice over actors are vital for commercial, media, and business endeavors of all kinds.
Here is the rundown on all you need to know about hiring a voice actor in Los Angeles.
All About Voice Over Actors Near Los Angeles
Home to Hollywood, Los Angeles is full of actors and entertainers, so talented voice over actors are plentiful. Depending on the nature of your project, you can even hire someone from LA’s talent pool to work for you remotely.
But the right person for your project is more than just a script reader. A professionally trained and experienced actor will make your words come to life and tap into the emotions of your audience.
Types of Voice Over Actors Near Los Angeles
Voice over actors typically specialize in a specific range of characters or type of work. Voice over projects often fall into the following categories, but are not limited to:
- Commercials: television, radio, and the Internet
- Narration: videos, images, documentaries, or motion pictures
- Audiobooks: nonfiction and fiction audiobooks, which have become increasingly popular through a variety of platforms
- Video games: providing narration for video game characters, intros, and game dialogue
- Elearning courses: engaging lesson content for the exploding e-learning industry
- Corporate training: new hire orientations, continuing education, tutorials, and other resources for employees
- Trailers: engaging trailers for marketing movies and book and product launches as
- Announcing: podcasts, radio, or YouTube channel roll-ins and miscellaneous announcements
What to Consider when Hiring a Voice Actor Near Los Angeles
An excellent voice over actor will add personality, nuance, and professionalism to your script. When hiring a voice actor, ask the talent about any formal training or coaching they have received.
Most importantly, however, take time to listen to samples and demos and consider the following:
Who is your audience?
What type of voice or persona will appeal to them?
Do you need character voices, translation, or other specialties?
Whatever voice over needs you may have, there’s an LA voice over artist who can deliver on the Voices platform. Sign up for your free Voices account and post your first job today!