David has been running a web business since 2002 and has helped over 200,000 voice actors showcase their talent. Over the past 10 years, David, with the help of his team, has grown Voices.com from the ground up to become the leader in the industry.
A lot has happened since that dinner table brainstorm on a napkin so many years ago. In the year 2000, David graduated with honours from the Ontario Institute of Audio Recording Technology. David’s background in audio production continues to inform Voices.com’s innovation in the areas of mobile recording and digital media products that contribute to Canada’s economic and cultural future.
David is wholeheartedly dedicated to growing the company. Clients like NBC, Sony, Microsoft and thousands of others use Voices.com to find, hire and pay professional voice actors.
As Chief Executive Officer, David is responsible for setting the vision, executing the growth strategy and managing the company on a day-to-day basis. He often writes about these experiences in the Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur Magazine and Forbes.
David participated in the Canadian Technology Accelerator in San Francisco / Silicon Valley and this year, the Canadian Technology Accelerator in New York City, where he stayed on to open up Voices.com's New York office.
David has been happily married to his wife, Stephanie, for 10 years. They have a son and three daughters and live in London, Ontario, Canada. In his free time he enjoys listening to audiobooks, running, and biking.
David speaks at dozens of events in the tech world and appeared as a guest on national television, radio, webinar and podcast programs, including:
- February 23, 2016 – Creating a High Performance Culture, Keynote – Engage Conference
- May 5-6, 2016 – Predictable Revenue, Keynote - Explode Conference
- July 2, 2015 - Building a Company That’s Set Up to Scale - Rocketship.fm
- April 13, 2015 - Doing Business Development in New York City - NYC
- February 5, 2015 - TechAlliance Munchies with Mentors
- December 1, 2014 - Mixergy Podcast
- November 28, 2014 - CBC Radio Ontario Morning
- April 21, 2014 - Web Optimization Summit - NYC
- April 17, 2014 - Success Harbor, How To Make More Than $10 Million With Voices
- April 9, 2014 - Libro Small Business Seminar
- March 31 - April 5th, 2014, Venture Out NYC
- March 26, 2014 - Ivey panel on technology innovation
- March 26, 2014 - Emerging Leaders London
- March 18, 2014 - Entrepreneur Mentor for Mentorship for Emerging Leaders Starting Grounds
- November 26, 2013 - Entrepreneur Mentor for the Canadian Youth Business Foundation's “Win a Date With…” program
- November 14, 2013 - Niagara Falls Small Business Enterprise Centre, “Bridges to Better Business” keynote
- October 24, 2013 - Northwest Innovation Centre, “Growing Your Business Conference” keynote
- September 25, 2013 - Ivey Entrepreneurship Club panellist, “IEC Launch”
- January 26, 2012 - Hartford Online Radio Network
Writing and Media Contributions
David also contributes to the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Entrepreneur and Inc where he writes about small business, startups and technology:
- Finding Your Spot in the Market, The Wall Street Journal
- The Three Failures You Can Always Bounce Back From, The Wall Street Journal
- Preparing for the Fast Lane, The Wall Street Journal
- Do-It-Yourself Marketing, The Wall Street Journal
- When Creating an Online Marketplace, Start Local and Think Global, The Wall Street Journal
- Why the annual performance review doesn’t work, The Globe and Mail
- My first job paid a dime, says David Ciccarelli, now CEO of Voices.com, Examiner