Voices.com accounts are intended for professional use, for our members to share audio, specifically voice over demos that they themselves have created.
How To Use Voices.com
- Show mutual respect for fellow members. Voices.com is home to voice over talent at varying stages of their careers, and by virtue of that diversity, our community thrives. Acknowledging that, we insist that you show mutual respect and be a source of encouragement to others.
- Only upload content that you have created. Respect the copyright of others. This means don’t steal audio or scripts that other people have uploaded. That’s not just bad judgment, it’s wrong.
- Be sure to properly tag your files. Only you know what your demo entails when you upload it and only you can tag them. This will help you to better promote your voice, show up for more search queries and also give people a good indication of what they’ll hear before the click the play button. This is a safe place and if a demo is reported as obscene or adult, Voices.com observes the right to remove the offending audio sample.
- Do link back to Voices.com when you post your Voices.com content elsewhere. The Voices.com service makes it possible to post content hosted on Voices.com to outside web sites. However, pages on other web sites that display content hosted on Voices.com.com must provide a link from each audio or demo back to its page on Voices.com.
- Do enjoy Voices.com! See the world through others’ eyes, participate, find your muse, and expand your horizons!
What Not To Do
Please be advised: Usually when someone violates any elements of Voices.com’s service agreement or guidelines it is an accidental occurrence and a warning is given, however, if more violations occur this can result in account termination without warning.
- Don’t upload anything that isn’t yours. This includes other people’s audio, video or images. Members whose accounts that don’t respect these guidelines may be edited or terminated without notice.
- Don’t forget that Voices.com content is family friendlyWould you let your mother, grandma or child listen to your audio or view your avatar? If you’re hesitating, that means that you probably need to edit certain spots in your demo or choose a different image to represent yourself. If offensive content is found on your profile, your account will be reviewed then either moderated or terminated by Voices.com staff.
- Don’t show nudity in your profile picture. This goes without saying but your picture should be professional and not show nudity. If upon the first warning and removal of the image another similar image is uploaded, we reserve the right to terminate your account.
- Don’t upload audio or content that is illegal, copyrighted or prohibited. If content of this nature is uploaded to your Voices.com profile, your account will be deleted and appropriate action taken, that may include reporting you to the authorities.
- Don’t vent your frustrations, rant, or bore the brains out of other members. Voices.com is not a place where you can harass, abuse, impersonate, or intimidate others. If we receive a valid complaint about your conduct, we’ll send you a warning or terminate your account. Also, if you are behaving in an unprofessional manner or unknowingly making a spectacle of yourself, we reserve the right to moderate any comments through the blogs that paint you negatively or in a less substantial light.
- Don’t use your account to host web graphics like logos and banners. Your account will be terminated if you include disapproved imagery from other sites or are linking to other websites that do not uphold the moral standard and values of the Voices.com web service. If we find anything of this nature, we will remove the offending link, image or otherwise to maintain the integrity and purpose of the site.
We’ve designed these guidelines to provide a community environment that is welcoming, engaging and beneficial to everyone who is a member of Voices.com. If you don’t feel that you can abide by our Community Guidelines as outlined above, maybe Voices.com isn’t for you.
If you ever have any questions or comments, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to contact us and share your thoughts via email and we’ll do our best to send you a timely response.