Hire a Voice Over Actor in Los Angeles
Find Professional Voice Over Actors Near Los Angeles
Voice over, or VO, actors are in high demand. Beyond animated movies, which is probably the first type of project that comes to mind, VO actors are vital for commercial, media, and business endeavors of all kinds. Here is the rundown on all you need to know to hire a voice actor in Los Angeles.
All About Voice Over Actors Near Los Angeles
Home of Hollywood, Los Angeles is full of actors and entertainers, so talented voice over actors are plentiful. Depending on the nature of your project, you can even hire someone from LA's talent pool to work for you remotely.
The right person for your project is more than just a script reader. A professionally trained and experienced actor will make your words come to life and tap into the emotions of your audience.
Types of Voice Over Actors Near Los Angeles
Voice over actors typically specialize in a specific range of characters or type of work. Voice over projects fall into the following categories, among others:
Commercials: television, radio, and the Internet.
- Narration: a voice over for videos, images, or motion pictures.
- Audiobooks: nonfiction and fiction audiobooks, which have become increasingly popular through a variety of platforms.
- Video games: providing narration for video game characters, intros, and game dialogue.
Translation: voiceovers for videos, movies, and resources in other languages.
- E-learning courses: actors to provide engaging lesson content for the exploding e-learning industry.
- Corporate training: new hire orientations, continuing education, tutorials, and other resources for employees.
- Trailers: engaging trailers are essential for marketing movies and many book and product launches as well.
- Announcing: podcasts, radio, or YouTube channel roll-ins and miscellaneous announcements.
What to Consider when Hiring a Voice Over Actor Near Los Angeles
An excellent voice over actor will add personality, nuance, and professionalism to your script.
When hiring a voice actor, ask the talent about formal training and coaching they have received. Most importantly, however, take time to listen to samples and demos and consider the following:
- Who is your audience?
- What type of voice or persona will appeal to them?
- Do you need character voices, translation, or other specialties?
Frequently Asked Questions
The best way to hire a voice actor is here on Voices. Post a job and get matched with talent skilled in a range of disciplines, from translation, to audio production, music and voice over.
You can hire a voice acting coach for one-on-one training. One-hour voice coaching sessions can cost $55-150, and experienced coaches may charge much more. For a better idea of how much a voice acting coach costs, explore some of the top coaches on Voices. Plus, you can submit a job posting for free and receive personalized quotes from Voice’s top talent.
Well, that depends on your project. You can post your job for free and set a budget that fits your needs. Talent will quote based on your budget and you choose the best one by listening to or reading their custom responses. When you’re ready you’ll see exactly what it will cost before you click hire...no surprises.