The market for Audio Production grows by 5% per year and with audio marketing growing at an exponential rate, the need for crisp and high quality audio is a must. The key to hiring a suitable and qualified candidate is having a consistent and detailed job description. We have compiled job descriptions for the most common Audio Production roles for you to use in sourcing your potential employees.
Recording Engineer Job Description Sample and Template
In this article
- Recording Engineer Job Description Sample and Template
- Equal Opportunity:
- Re-Recording Mixer Job Description Sample and Template
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Skillset Requirements:
- Equal Opportunity:
- Sound Designer Job Description Sample and Template
- Required Qualifications:
- Desired Qualifications:
- Our Perks:
[Ad Agency Name] London is seeking an Audio Engineer for its internal Studio Production team. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating all audio-related tasks, responsible for recording, mixing and sound designing a variety of work under the [Ad Agency Name] London umbrella. In addition to ensuring that the highest quality audio is captured and delivered, the Audio Engineer will collaborate with accounts, creatives, producers, and a variety of other teams at [Ad Agency Name] .
For now, the role is remote but the goal is to move this role into our downtown London location. [Ad Agency Name] creative studio prides itself on having a great corporate culture, and even though we’re all working remotely, you will still feel accepted as part of a team of talented and nice folks.
- Engineer all recordings/mixes remote (for now) and eventually in our company studio space.
- Professionally represent the studio to hosts and guests, exhibiting a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
- Adhere to the high standards of [Ad Agency Name]’s production and operational workflow.
- Record and deliver advertisements with wide ranging expectations at proper volume and timing specifications.
- Meet deadlines consistently and publish flawless final products.
- Occasional evening and weekend responsibilities.
- Previous success in a fast-paced, efficient, highly organized and disciplined group, with a proven ability to consistently perform in a high volume, fast turnaround environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to interact and work with staff, talent and guests at all levels.
- An ability to project professionalism online, over the phone and in person.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and to work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of experience with industry standard digital audio workstation software required, as well as familiarity with 3rd party plugins.
- Extensive experience with audio hardware, including, but not limited to, microphones, mixers and cabling.
- Having experience in field and home recording and live sound is a bonus.
- A thorough understanding of on-demand audio space, engineering, recording, editing and arranging, signal flow, post production, mixing and mastering for dialog, sound design and music.
- A proficiency with Mac computers and OS X operating system and cloud storage.
[Ad Agency Name] is an equal opportunity employer that values people of all backgrounds. [Ad Agency Name] makes employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. [Ad Agency Name] is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [company email or phone number].
Re-Recording Mixer Job Description Sample and Template
[Company name] is a global leader in the media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. [Company name] has been a trusted partner of the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering the best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution and asset and workflow management, as well as cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in London and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,000 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide.
[Company name] is searching for a re-Recording Mixer, previously known as Dubbing Mixer, to work with all the sound elements (dialogue, automated dialogue replacement, foley, sound effects, atmospheres, and music), then mix them together to create the final soundtrack for a film or television production.
- Become a well integrated part of the audio department along with other mixers and junior members of the team.
- Carry out foreign version mixing in theatrical and episodic formats for a wide range of major clients to 5.1, 7.1, home entertainment and Atmos standards.
- Create master templates for foreign re-versioning that can be distributed around the [Company name] audio network.
- Setup and recording of Dolby mastering sessions for theatrical and home entertainment Atmos.
- Mix smaller OV projects in nearfield or theatrical rooms.
- Record ADR for both OV and foreign productions.
- Complete sound editing for your own session while in-house editors are busy working on other projects.
- Communicate with the Studio Manager and Senior Mixers regarding incoming projects.
- Provide technical support by attending to machine and/or amp room errors.
- Create digital and/or physical client deliverables if junior members are unavailable to assist in doing so.
- Carry out full technical quality control of outbound material prior to delivery to clients.
- A minimum of at least 5 years experience in a previous mixing role within the theatrical/ home entertainment field.
- Expert Avid Pro-tools knowledge and Mac OS X user experience.
- A robust understanding of post-production sound technology.
- Digital audio workstations experience using AVID S6/ S3 and D Control/ D Command.
- Machine room knowledge of Dolby, AVID and other outboard gear.
- Microphone setup and recording experience.
- Precise time keeping and the ability to work late at short notice.
- This is a client facing; good communication skills and professionalism are key.
- Accuracy and clarity in both written and verbal communication with thorough attention to detail.
- A passion for film, TV, music and other forms of auditory media.
- While not required, the ability to speak a second language would be advantageous.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet urgent delivery deadlines.
- Possessing the traits required to be a strong team player.
- A willingness to learn new technology and take up new responsibilities when necessary.
[Company Name] is an equal opportunity employer that values people of all backgrounds. [Company name] makes employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. [Company Name] is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [company email or phone number].
Sound Designer Job Description Sample and Template
As a Sound Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters, environments and experiences in [Game Developer]’s games. Working together with a versatile team, you’ll help improve projects from their launch. Using your passion and creativity, you will guide team decisions and provide thoughtful feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you’ll aim to find ways to teach and better the skills of those around you while continuing to challenge yourself.
As a Sound Designer reporting to our Audio Director within our team, you’ll tap into your creativity to design sound across thematic. You’ll work with artists, designers and engineers, bringing the game to life with your understanding of audio.
- Establish and communicate content audio goals, including how they align with product goals, to direct reports, product leadership and other team members.
- Develop constructive working relationships with your peers to achieve team goals.
- Work with other disciplines to establish appropriate process and pipeline for audio content delivery; as well as with music, video and other central teams to ensure thematic consistency, across in-game and out-of-game features.
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for game characters, objects and other recurring features using industry standard methods and tools.
- Record various sound effects, both in studio and in the field, using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware.
- Understand and utilize partner, senior leadership, discipline and team feedback.
- Ensure quality of asset output by playtesting and gathering feedback on your content from your team and discipline.
- At least 2 years of industry experience – has created sound, and/or music, hands-on, for at least one AAA console title.
- Demonstrated experience with and a strong understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice-over, music, and middleware implementation.
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process (i.e. – Sound Design, Voice Over, Music Implementation, Player Experience, Technology).
- Knowledge of sound design creation tools (i.e. – ProTools by AVID, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments) as well as sound design, voice over and music implementation methods.
- Knowledge of audio middleware (i.e. – Fmod, Miles, Wwise) and overall game engine technology (i.e. – Unity, Unreal, Lumberyard).
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with voice over processing techniques and tools.
- Experience leading moderate-scope discipline and product team efforts.
[Game Developer] offers medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse and your dependents. Life insurance, parental leave, and short-term or long-term disability coverages are also available. [Game Developer] will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Striking a balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can expand your personal relationship with games.
[Game Developer] is an equal opportunity employer that values people of all backgrounds. [Game Developer] makes employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. [Game Developer] is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [company email or phone number].