How to Change the File Format of Your Audio Ad in iTunes
Converting Audio into an MP3 in iTunes
From time to time, you may find that you need to convert your audio file to an MP3 file. This might be in order to upload it to a website, or even to ensure that you can play it on a device.
Converting your audio files to MP3 is easy and can be quickly accomplished on iTunes (if you don’t already have iTunes, it’s free to download from Apple).
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to create and MP3 file from another file type.
- Open iTunes.
- Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences.
Windows: From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.
- Click the General tab, then click Import Settings in the lower section of the window.
- Click the menu next to Import Using, then choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song to.
- Click OK to save the settings.
- From your library, select one or more songs that you want to convert.
- Choose File > Convert, then Create [format] Version. The format shown is the one that you chose in step 4. For example, if you chose Apple Lossless Encoder, select Create Apple Lossless Version.
New song files appear in your library next to the original files.
Note: iTunes converts the file by making a copy. Your original file will remain intact.