Unlock the Power of Text-to-Speech (TTS) on Your iPhone
Apple’s built-in Text to Speech (TTS) technology empowers your iPhone or iPad to vocalize digital texts, offering you unparalleled flexibility while multitasking.
This feature provides users the convenience of having emails and other articles read out loud, whether during a daily commute or while cooking dinner.
Sign Up for Free Today
Find the perfect voice for your job today, or sign up as a talent to start booking voice over work on Voices.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you on enabling, customizing, and utilizing TTS on an iPhone/iPad for an optimal spoken experience.
- 1. Discover the transformative power of Text-to-Speech (TTS) on your iPhone and learn to activate, customize, and utilize its myriad features.
- 2. Explore free third-party apps for alternatives or supplements to TTS.
- 3. Troubleshoot common issues with insights on restarting the device, reviewing settings, and exploring different apps.
Understanding iPhone’s Text-to-Speech
The iPhone boasts an accessibility feature—Text-to-Speech (TTS)—which vocalizes digital text.
This is an invaluable tool for individuals with vision, hearing, or learning disabilities, allowing them to listen while typing in text, having web pages, and more read out loud.
It’s a handy tool for college students wishing to hear their notes on the go and support for children with reading difficulties like dyslexia.
Activating TTS on Your iPhone
Enabling TTS involves activating the Spoken Content options, toggling Speak Selection, and Screen Reading functions, and customizing voice type and speaking speed.
This guide will elaborate on these processes further.
Accessing Spoken Content Settings
From your home screen, open the Settings app and navigate to Accessibility. Select Spoken Content to adjust a range of Text-To-Speech features on your iPhone or iPad.
This menu offers comprehensive control over how spoken content is experienced on Apple devices.
Enabling Speak Selection and Speak Screen
Activating Speak Selection and Speak Screen is straightforward. Switch both options ‘on’ from the Spoken Content settings menu. Speak Selection vocalizes highlighted text, whereas Speak Screen reads all content displayed on your screen at once.
Customizing Voice and Speaking Rate
To tailor your TTS journey, modify the Voice and Speaking Rate using the speech controller located in Spoken Content settings. Select a voice that suits your preference and adjust the slider to find your ideal speaking rate.
Utilizing iPhone’s Built-in TTS Features
The iPhone now offers a range of TTS settings to enhance your experience. Features like Speak Selection, Speak Screen, and Typing Feedback are crafted to refine the interaction with speech technology, offering unique functions to maximize user benefits.
Safari Reader Mode
Safari’s Reader Mode is a remarkable feature that allows users to listen to web articles without additional tools or applications. Activate it by tapping its icon located in the address bar and customize content as needed.
Free Third-Party TTS Apps for iPhone
Several free third-party apps are available in the App Store, serving as alternative or supplementary TTS tools. Applications like Voice Dream Reader and NaturalReader offer diverse customization options to cater to individual needs.
Troubleshooting Common TTS Issues
If your iPhone’s TTS system isn’t functioning as expected, this guide is here to assist you in resolving common issues and restoring functionalities.
Rebooting your device, verifying all the spoken content settings for TTS are configured correctly, and reinstalling or trying another app can often resolve the issues.
The Text-to-Speech feature on iPhones opens up the realms of convenience and enhanced accessibility.
It’s time to leverage this potent function of your iPhone and immerse in the versatility of text messaging, websites, and more through Text-To-Speech. Break free and interact digitally with greater convenience and accessibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does iPhone have TTS?
- Yes, iPhone features built-in Text-to-Speech capabilities, offering customizable settings for user convenience.
- Can iPhone convert speech to text?
- Absolutely. The iPhone efficiently converts voice to text, allowing users to type or employ its Voice Dictation technology, providing control over their work.
- How do I use talk text on my iPhone?
- Simply press the microphone button located in the bottom right corner of its screen and say what you want. Hit the little white keyboard icon when finished.
- How do I get rid of TTS on my iPhone?
- To disable Text to Speech, open Settings, tap Accessibility and turn off VoiceOver.
- Can TTS read web articles in Safari?
- Yes. Safari offers a convenient built-in Text-to-Speech option, allowing users to listen to web articles directly.