A mystical woman holds an owl.

Adventure Video Game Voice Over Scripts

Adventure video game voice over scripts are narrative driven, allowing players to become interesting protagonists, clearing puzzles and levels as they make their way through the story. Games belonging to this genre are usually highly interactive and exciting to play, making them a favorite among all age groups.

For Clients Looking for Adventure Video Game Scripts

These adventure video game sample scripts include specifications like voice age, gender, job description, role, accent, etc., similar to voice over job postings on Voices.com.

So, if you’re looking for a voice actor, the next time you post a job on Voices.com, you’ll know what job posting format will attract the best auditions. This formatting helps voice actors understand your overall vision, and bring it to life in their read.

For Voice Actors Looking for Adventure Video Game Scripts

Feel free to use these adventure video game scripts for your demo and/or for practice! Keep in mind that when auditioning for jobs, it is recommended to only provide a small portion of the read in your audition. For example, a 7 to 15-second read of a 30-second script will suffice.

Adventure Video Game Voice Over Sample Script: Adventure Mania Co.

Client:

Adventure Mania Co.

Voice Age:

Young Adult

Gender:

Male

Job description:

Adventure Mania Co. creates various action and adventure games for all age types. They are widely known for the anime style characters and interesting gaming narratives.

Art Direction:

You are an alley cat named Tom, from the Alleyway Chronicles. Tom is the main protagonist of this adventure game, making his way through the city by avoiding other smart street cats and scavenging for food. He a young cat, who is extremely clever and witty. Please note that the words in italics are actions and/or descriptions of the setting.

Category:

Video Games

Industry:

Gaming

Style:

Urban/Street, Intelligent

Language:

English (British)

Accent:

England – East Midlands

Word Count:

101 words , 82 words, 53 words

1- Minute Adventure Video Game Sample Script

Tom: “Today seems like an exciting day. I wonder what I’ll come across today.   What adventure awaits Sir Tom? Perhaps there’s something tasty on the other side of town.”

*Tom stretches his front and back legs and then pounces on a fly*

“Maybe Miss Johnson has some of those tuna sandwiches she gave me last week. Aaah! Those will be perfect, fishy and smelly! Just how I like my food.

“Humans…are not so bad sometimes.”

*Tom makes his way out of his cardboard box and jumps onto a large bin*

Unknown voice: “Where are you going Tom? Off so soon?”

*Tom startles and starts looking for where the voice came from*

Tom: “Who…who said that? Who dares to come near my den?”

Unknown voice: “Fear not, Tom. I’m a friend, not a foe. I have brought some important news for you…from Mr.Tibbles.”

30-Second Adventure Video Game Sample Script

Tom: “Aaah! Today’s a good day, I can just feel it in my bones…Mmmm I fancy some leftovers from that Fish’n Chips place near Town Square.

“Hopefully, none of Bob’s cats are around the place…I’ll have to be extra careful this time.”

*Tom licks his paw, appearing to be in deep thought*

*He makes his way out of his cardboard home and jumps on an alley trash bin*

An unknown voice: “Hey there, Timothy Tom Tom! How’s it going?”

Tom: “Who…who said thaaat? Who dares to come near my den? Do you know who I am?

“I am Tom, the smartest, fastest and greatest alley cat of Rutland City.”

*Tom sees a dark shadow emerging from an old blue box, getting bigger and bigger as he looks closer*

15-Second Adventure Video Game Sample Script

Tom: “Good morning, Rutland City. What do you have in store for me today? Is it an adventure? Is it Miss Johson’s famous tuna sandwich? Or even better, tuna sandwiches?”

*Tom stretches his front and back legs and then licks his paws*

*He hears something rustle behind a bin and quickly raises his ears*

Unknown voice: “Hello there! Is it Tom?”

Tom: “Who dares to enter my den? I warn you, I am the greatest and fastest cat in the city.”

Adventure Video Game Voice Over Sample Script: Wizardry and Wonder

Client:

Wizardry and Wonder Inc.

Voice Age:

Young Adult

Gender:

Female

Job description:

Wizardry and Wonder Inc. create fantasy adventure video games for teens. They use hyper-realistic graphics to allow the players to experience the exciting world of magic and wonder. Their games contain characters with depth and personality, which adds a level of believability to their stories.

Art Direction:

You are Helena, a female fairy who has lost her wand in the dark woods. Although you’re powerful fairy, you clearly lack confidence. Your mission is to locate your wand, by making your way through the dense woods, avoiding werewolves and mean enchanted creatures. Without a wand, you are left to use fairyland incantations and potions from your purple pouch to protect yourself. Please note that the words in italics are actions and/or descriptions of the setting.

Category:

Video Games

Industry:

Gaming

Style:

Frightened, Authentic

Language:

English – North American

Accent:

General American

Word Count:

102 words, 78 words, 53 words

1 Minute Adventure Video Game Sample Script

Helena: “I knew I shouldn’t have flown so recklessly. Now where can my unicorn hair wand be?

“Professor Wilkins will call me careless again. I have to find it. I just have to!”

*Helena tries to fix the creases on her skirt, but fails. She lets out a big sigh*

Helena: “I have never been without my fairy magic. Oh, this is my worst nightmare!

“I ju-just need to cross the Wondrous Woods and everything will be fine. I can do it.”

*She opens her purple pouch and looks through her stuff*

Helena: “These potions will certainly help me protect myself. I am glad I listened to Mrs. Squibble and kept these. Perhaps, I should drink some of the defense potion. That ought to keep me safe for a few hours.”

30-Second Video Game Voice Over Sample Script

Helena: “Don’t lose your wand he said! Oh, I am so foolish. What am I going to do without my wand? It was made from the finest unicorn hair that Mr. Moraculus had.”

*Helena opens her purple pouch and sorts through her things*

Helena: “Well, at least I have Mrs. Squibble’s potions to help me get through the Wondrous Woods. Ohhh..I hope I do find it.”

*Helena takes a bright blue potion out of her pouch and quickly drinks it. She briefly turns a strange shade of blue before returning to normal again*

Helena: “This should protect me for a few hours. The defense potions never fails to keep the werewolves away. Now, off to the woods.”

15- Second Video Game Sample Script

Helena: “They’ll all laugh at me when they hear that I lost my wand. Oh! I have to find it! The Wondrous Woods can’t be that bad? Ca-can it?”

*Helena lets out a deep sigh and opens her purple pouch*

“Maybe something here can help me.”

*She lets out a tiny squeal*

“Oh, thank goodness! I totally forgot about my potions. That’ll do the trick.

“Now, off to woods I go.”

*Helena drinks a potion and whisks off*

Comments

• Eliza Merrifield
    November 6, 2019, 4:28 pm

This is fun. I enjoy both the characters of Helena and Tom.

• Irais barona
      November 12, 2019, 2:33 pm

Are up for doing a practice Scrip together like record it n everything

• Irais
    November 12, 2019, 2:31 pm

I’m totally interested this is the job for me….

• RISHI KESAVAN
    November 14, 2019, 4:52 am

I LOVE TO DO THIS

• Dauda Ayinla Malik
    November 16, 2019, 2:13 am

I will like to play the role of unknown voice

• Tanya
      November 19, 2019, 10:02 am

Hi Dauda,
      These are sample scripts, not voice over jobs. You’re more than welcome to try the role of unknown voice for voice over practice or for recording your demo! 🙂

• Kobe johnson
        January 8, 2020, 12:17 am

Hi Tanya would you recommend making our own demo, or getting it done professionally? And if you’re new to the business should you make a reel immediately or audition for roles then make a reel?

• Tanya
        January 21, 2020, 8:34 am

Hi Kobe,
        Great questions! While the answer depends on your budget and comfort level, generally, for those who are new to voice over, we sometimes find that creating a demo while working with a vocal coach (recording it with them, either in their studio, yours or a professional studio), can help you greatly. Creating a demo is an investment in your time at the very least, but could also be an investment of your funds as well – so you want to make sure that you’re investing wisely, and coaches have a way of helping to pull out the best qualities in your voice, as well as helping your performance along.
        Additionally, if you’re auditioning for jobs, a demo reel may not be required, BUT, it can be a helpful tool to help you get more auditions. This is because those who are looking for voice actors often like to browse through your website or your profile (if you’re on a voice over marketplace, like Voices.com), and see what you’re capable of and learn a bit more about you before either inviting you to an audition – or even before hiring you (demos can be a source of confidence for the client that you’re able to do what you say you can do).
        Plus, on voices.com specifically, your demo helps you get matched to audition opportunities by our system (we have technology called ‘VoiceMatch’ that looks at the abilities you have in your demos, among other things). You can learn more about VoiceMatch here: https://www.voices.com/help/knowledge/faq/voicematch
        I know that’s a LOT of info, but I hope it helps!
        All the best in your voice over career 🙂
        – Tanya

• Amber Thonn
        January 11, 2020, 7:08 pm

Is only one voice demo allowed on your account? I’d like to do a few different characters to show my range.

• Tanya
        January 21, 2020, 8:27 am

Hi Amber,
        Great question – the answer is that not only can you have multiple demos on your account, but we recommend that you should have more than one! Having seven or more demos tends to be the ‘magic number,’ according to our research. You can read our full report on how to be a successful voice actor here: https://www.voices.com/company/reports/how-to-become-a-successful-voice-actor#marketing We go in depth on auditions, demos, marketing and more!

• Elizabeth Turner
    November 16, 2019, 2:07 pm

I Love Helena! I can relate to her character

• Adrienne Ford-Wesley
    November 29, 2019, 10:50 pm

These are wonderful! Do you also record the narration parts? Like the actions of the characters? For example, the parts that are italicized? I’m definitely going to use the Wizardry and Wonder. Thank you!

• oliver
      December 4, 2019, 3:36 pm

Hi Adrienne,

Thanks a lot! When performing a script, you generally won’t read the italicized text, although it may provide direction for sounds you can produce to enhance your performance. For example, in the 1 minute Wizardry and Wonder script, when the italicized text notes that Helena “lets out a big sigh,” that would be a good moment for you to let out a sigh to enhance your delivery.

Hope that helps. Happy auditioning!
      Oliver

• Shani Jongo
    December 1, 2019, 9:32 am

It’s beautiful😍 I enjoyed it.

• Sarah Hernandez
    January 8, 2020, 8:10 am

Sitting alone and reading all the different parts is so fun! Makes great use of all my personalities hahaha

• oliver
      January 8, 2020, 1:15 pm

Hey Sarah,

We’re glad you’re having fun with the script! Thanks for the nice comment.

• Sarah Hernandez
        January 8, 2020, 8:12 pm

My daughter listened to me perform it and really wants to see that show! I too would watch a show about Helena. Thanks again for such great practice material.

• Astrid Soto
    January 23, 2020, 12:04 pm

Hi, how do I offer my job? I speak spanish

• oliver
      January 23, 2020, 3:30 pm

Hi Astrid,

To start working as a voice actor, the best place to begin is by creating a talent profile on Voices.com.

Once you sign up, you will have the opportunity to search for jobs seeking Spanish-speaking voice actors. You’ll also be able to list your ability to speak Spanish on your personal profile, so that clients will be able to find you when they’re looking to hire Spanish-speaking voice talent.

You can learn about our different membership levels here.

Happy auditioning,
      Oliver

• Kelie Hernandez
    January 27, 2020, 12:11 pm

I love this script I love putting myself and acting like Helen the fairy I love the idea of going threw the dark woods and the idea of drinking the potion to help get out of the woods.

• oliver
      January 29, 2020, 10:59 am

Hey Kelie,

Thanks for your comment! You can check out more of our sample scripts here.

Have a nice day,
      Oliver

• Jordan Phoenix
    April 2, 2020, 5:09 pm

Perfect! im gonna use my new York accent for Tom.

• Jordan Phoenix
    April 2, 2020, 5:11 pm

I need to find a way to have my cat meow into the mic for this.

• Josie Sinclair
    April 10, 2020, 6:12 am

i would love to do the voice of Helena.

• oliver
      April 15, 2020, 1:43 pm

Hey Josie,

Thanks for your comment! We’re glad you like the script. If you’re interesting in auditioning for adventure video game voice over jobs, you should totally sign up for a Voices talent account. From there, you’ll be able to fill out your profile, upload your voice demo, and identify your vocal skills, qualities, and preferences (ie. video game voice over).

Happy auditioning!
      Oliver

• Fatima S
    April 11, 2020, 3:37 am

Love your script. I wish I could do the voice acting of Tom

• oliver
      April 15, 2020, 1:45 pm

Hi Fatima,

We’re so pleased to hear you love the script. This sample script was penned by our staff writers for you to use! Feel free to use this script to practice or record a voice demo of your own.

Happy auditioning!
      Oliver

• Margaret Nwaogu
    May 9, 2020, 6:55 am

I love Helena’s character and would want to do a demo on it. How do I get started? I’m completely new, with little money and getting started on my voice over career. I need recommendations on affordable gadgets required to kick start this journey.

• oliver
      May 19, 2020, 5:22 pm

Hey Margaret,

I’m happy to hear you liked the script! You’re more than welcome to use it for your demo.

To start auditioning for voice over work, I’d encourage you to register for a Voices talent account. From there, you’ll get the opportunity to fill out your profile, get access to our vast job board of voice over casting calls, and post your demo.

Feel free to check out our Talent Help page, and never hesitate to send us an email with any questions at support@voices.com.

If you’re still in need of some tips on cutting your teeth in the industry, our Beginner’s Guide to Voice Acting is a helpful resource that’s jam-packed with info about the voice over world. This chapter about building your home studio specifically covers the various technologies you can use to record from home.

I hope that helps. Happy recording, and best of luck on your voice over journey!
      Oliver

• Ronald freeman
    May 26, 2020, 7:56 pm

I love the idea of Tom the cat, gritty British accent I was doing. Good practice for sure

• Kevin fernando
    June 3, 2020, 9:40 am

Me gusto bastante los diálogos
    Especialmente el de Tom y el del la voz desconocidad
    Muy buenos .