Narration Scripts: Non Fiction

Try your hand at these 30 and 60 second audiobook voice over sample scripts, whether you need more voice over practice or want to create a fresh demo for your profile.

The two scripts below are excerpts from a non fiction science text and are meant to be read in a serious yet entertaining tone.

Client:

Audiobook Publisher

Voice Age:

Child, Young Adult, Middle Age, Senior (all ages)

Gender:

Male/Female

Job description:

This job is for an audiobook publisher – reading a piece of non-fiction that will be published as an audiobook.

Art Direction:

This piece of non-fiction should be read in the style of the narrator. These passages are from a work documenting the life of astronomer Galileo Galilei and should be read in a bright and engaging way in a fully-voiced narration style.

Category:

Audiobooks

Industry:

Publishing

Style:

Narrator

Language:

English

Accent:

US Mid-Atlantic

Word Count:

66 & 123

30-Second Narrative Script Practice Read

Like many other philosophers, who greatly extended our knowledge of nature, Galileo had a remarkable aptitude for the invention of instruments designed for philosophical research. To facilitate his practical work, we find that in 1599, he had engaged a skilled workman, who was to live in his house, and be constantly at hand to try the devices, which were forever springing from Galileo’s fertile brain.

60-Second Narrative Script Practice Read

Like many other philosophers, who have greatly extended our knowledge of nature, Galileo had a remarkable aptitude for the invention of instruments designed for philosophical research. To facilitate his practical work, we find that in 1599, he had engaged a skilled workman who was to live in his house, and be constantly at hand to try the devices, which were forever springing from Galileo’s fertile brain. Among the earliest of his inventions appears to have been the thermometer, which he constructed in 1602. No doubt, this apparatus, in its primitive form, differed in some respects from the contrivance we call by the same name. Galileo at first employed water as the agent. Its expansion was the basis of the measure of temperature.

Comments

• Marc Lagace
    February 10, 2019, 4:54 pm

First off, I would just like to congrats Chantelle on her accolades in attaining a financial success level that impressed me. Voices.com must be in epic gratitude to have her exercising what she was born to achieve. My same emotion leans towards the rest of the Voices.com staff, as their prolific specialties earn them a position with this very company. So my lone question I have is: For myself, I specialize in Unvoiced Readings for any of the genres. Now I need to know if it is compulsory to add emotion in every reading that pertains to my arduous work. Or will the client include this duty in the artistic description before commencing voice over. Please and thank you!

• Chantelle
      February 12, 2019, 1:54 pm

Thanks Marc for reading and for your kind words. As for your questions on whether or not you should add emotion into every reading or not, that largely depends on the artistic direction that the client gives you. Emotion can range from descriptors such as upbeat or lively to sombre and sad – so my advice would be to follow the guidelines the client gives you for a particular job and ask any clarifying questions to ensure you nail their read. Hope this helps and good luck with your endeavours.

• Mohamed Ali
    July 24, 2019, 8:24 am

I am new and big up for the above post.
    Now about get started do i need to read over such scripts and record my Voice and upload it

• Tanya
      August 13, 2019, 8:41 am

Hi Mohamed,
      Yes – that’s correct! Here is a link to our help section, which walks you through any question you may have about setting up your account: https://www.voices.com/help/talent
      All the best,
      – Tanya

• Pam Cota
    August 28, 2019, 10:57 am

Thank you very much ! Having recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s , Vascular disease and mini strokes , I finally realized with all these disabilities to take the POSITIVE and get back into the loop of life.My passion has and is to always sing and act. As a SAG-AFTRA, AEA performer since 1966 I thought why not ? I may not to be able to everything as before but why not stay with your passion and things you like to do. ? If performers like George and Gracie Allen and Betty White can do it , then we all can do it ! Let them be an inspiration to all of us ! I literally stumbled into your cite. I wanted to do Voice Overs and could not believe that anything was on the internet. ( I guess that dates me ) regarding Voice Overs. I can’t tell you what your information you have given means so much to me. Things have changed dramatically since I did commercials. I just hope I can do you justice. Most sincerely, Pam Dadey Cota

• Lubna
      September 6, 2019, 10:10 am

Hi Pam,

Thank you for reading our blog! We are glad you found the information useful and we wish you the best.
      Happy Auditioning !