Video game voice over sample script for strong female lead

Video Game Voice Over Sample Scripts: Strong Female Lead

Have you ever wanted to voice the role of a strong female? These video game voice over sample script directed for a strong female lead are a great way to get your practice in – or to get inspiration for your next character creation!

Video Game Voice Over Sample Script: Strong Female Lead #1

Client:

The Platadorian Princess

Voice Age:

Young Adult

Gender:

Female

Job description:

The Platadorian Princess is a video game intended for players who are 16 years of age and older. It takes place in the 17th century when the mining of silver made many people very rich, very quickly. The game follows one princess in her travels to Water’s Edge – a city whose king intends to claim new land everywhere his army travels. The princess is tired of watching her father – the King of Platador – lose battles against the strong rival, and has decided to stealthily confront the King of Water’s Edge herself.

Art Direction:

The voice of the princess is compassionate, yet brave and strong. She is true to herself and believes in protecting those she cares about. The script provided will set the stage to the game and will be the first impression of the princess that the players get. Platadorian is pronounced pla-ta-dor-ee-ann.

Category:

Action role play

Industry:

Video Game

Style:

Trustworthy, brave

Language:

English

Accent:

US (General American)

Word Count:

60 words

Sample Script:

My father, the King of Platador, has suffered greatly at the hands of the Water’s Edge King and his army. As my father’s only kin, I must travel to the Water’s Edge and convince their King to bypass Platador on their next crusade. If they choose to pay no heed to my dissuasion, they will know the valor of the Platadorian Princess.

Video Game Voice Over Sample Script: Strong Female Lead #2

Client:

Fantastical Creations Inc.

Voice Age:

Young Adult

Gender:

Female

Job description:

Fantastical Creations Inc. is a video game production company looking for a female to play the lead role of Rita.

Art Direction:

Rita is a warrior on a mission to save her kingdom from being taken over by invading creatures. Rita is a strong character, smart and quick yet personable. She ideally has a deeper tone to her voice, keeping in mind that she is a young adult. In this scene Rita is demanding that the King returns the stone that he had stolen from her father, so she can gain control of the throne as the next heir in line.

Category:

Action Role Play

Industry:

Video Games

Style:

Personable, Authoritative

Language:

English

Accent:

US Mid-Atlantic

Word Count:

68 words

Sample Script

Rita: The stone is what I’m here for. You know it’s rightfully mine. Keeping it hidden from me any longer is only going to bring harm to everyone in the kingdom.

*Rita is given the stone. It is placed in her hands with such a force that she almost buckled to her knees*

[Rita lets out a small but audible groan]

Rita: Where’s the rest of it? [in a demanding voice]

*Rita notices that there is a riddle etched onto the stone*

Rita: [sarcastically] Great. Is this a riddle? Just what I need right now.

*Rita sets off to find the rest of the stone. But turns back at the door*

Rita: This isn’t the last you’ll be seeing of me. I can guarantee that next time, it’s right down to business.

Want to get more practice and inspiration? Check out these other sample scripts geared towards a wide range of industries.

Comments

• Liana Hernandez
    April 24, 2019, 10:45 am

I would love to use this for a sample/audition if possible.

• Chantelle
      April 24, 2019, 10:48 am

Hi Liana,

Thanks for reading! We are so happy you want to use our sample script. All of the sample scripts on our blog are free to use. Feel free to use this script for your demos/samples and check out our main sample script page for more inspiration: https://www.voices.com/blog/voice-over-sample-scripts/

• Tanya
      April 30, 2019, 10:35 am

Hi Liana,
      Of course you can! We’d love it if you did 🙂

• Samantha Frigo
    June 28, 2019, 11:17 pm

So im new to this website are we able to use these scripts as samples of our voice

• keaton
      July 2, 2019, 9:56 am

Hey there Samantha! Yes, you can absolutely use these scripts for your voice over demos.

That is exactly why our team put together a variety of scripts for different industries. Tons of voice actors have used these free scripts for demo samples before they land their first gigs.

Good luck!

• Avonna Renee
    July 4, 2019, 5:59 pm

Thank You guys soo much for creating. This voice over demo blog. It helped me tremendously. Thank you ☺️

• Brooke Olmsted
    July 24, 2019, 9:59 pm

Hello there! This is my first Voice-acting experience but i think these are amazing characters. I would be honored if I could use these lines as my first sample audition and will definitely be on the lookout for more of both of these stories.

• Olivia Swann
    September 2, 2019, 4:50 pm

Hello, I’m new to voice acting and was wondering if I could this sample script for my first sample script audition

• Tanya
      September 4, 2019, 10:56 am

Hi Olivia,
      Absolutely! That’s exactly why we created these scripts. Please feel free to use this one (or any other posted on the blog) for practice and/or for creating your demo.
      Thanks for reading and all the best,
      – Tanya

• Ariel Guidry
    September 15, 2019, 3:42 pm

Thank you so much for providing these posts and allowing us to use them as demos. So very helpful!!!!!

• Nikita Stone
    October 12, 2019, 3:56 am

Hi there

I am completely new to voices.com.
    I just want to know in the gaming scripts, do we only say what the character says or do we also read the events happening like, for example, I read the things that the character also does when she moves closer to someone or anything like that?

I really enjoy gaming and audiobooks. I would like to get even more demo scripts on those topics. Where can I find this?

• oliver
      October 15, 2019, 9:51 am

Hi Nikita,

Thanks for your question!

When you’re performing a script, you generally won’t read the parenthetical scene directions, but they may indicate sounds you can make to enhance your performance. For example, in the above script, the parenthetical direction “[Rita lets out a small but audible groan]” is not meant to be read aloud, but instead directs the voice actor to let out a small groan.

We hope that helps!