-, New York, US
I would be happy to do screen/video/phone or in-person tests/auditions to demonstrate the above and also audition for any specific role you may have in mind.
My main differentiator as a voice-actor is versatility across multiple ranges and types of voices, ranging from being able to voice-act:
(A) >20 accents from all 7 continents of the world
(B) Fictional voice-overs – from cartoons to gaming to live-action
(C) Non-fictional voice-overs – imitations of real-world personalities
I am able completely transform not just my voice, but personality and mannerism, to embrace an entire new nationality/race/persona.
I can sing and also have stage/theatre experience. My singing range is versatile and wide: From Opera to Pop, Rock, Punk rock, Rap; and able to swing from one genre to the other.
As an extreme illustration, I can switch from the deep haunting voice of Michael Crawford’s Phantom (I auditioned for national tour Phantom of the Opera in New York recently in Nov 2017) , booming voice of Andrea Bocelli (Con Te Partiro), rap of Flo Rida/Linken Park to the emo-punk voice of Blink 182.
1 of my main strengths is the ability to go both High (Sam Smith, Adam Levine) and Low (Andrea Bocelli, The Calling) in a single sentence.
I can also speak/read/write in both English and Mandarin.
Please see below for a snapshot of my voice-acting abilities:
(A) >20 accents across all 7 continents
Accents: Proficient at mimicking a large variety of precise accents across a wide range of scenarios. Able to take on a completely new persona :
1. American ( Wide range including Mid-west Texas Drawl, South i.e. Alabama/West Coast California, East Coast New Yorker/Bostonian) : Can do Cowboys, Surfer dudes, Italian Mafioso, Southern gentleman, Red necks, African American/Rappers etc
2. UK English (Wide range including London, Essex, North England/Manchurian/Liverpool) : Can do Posh/Etonian/Politician/Professional, Cockney, Roman Legionnaire, Working class/Blue collar, Chav/Gangster etc
3. Scottish: Can do Scottish Highlander/warrior, Shrek, man on street
9. Hong Kong
10. Chinese(China) : Can do traditional imperial China voices(i.e. Imperial court, soldiers), normal modern-day Chinese accents (street accents etc)
11. Japanese: Can do normal Jap, exaggerated or dramatic Jap(i.e Samurai/Ninja/Anime)
13. German/Austrian : Can do normal or exaggerated (i.e. Arnold)
15. South African: Can do normal South African or exaggerated (I.e. District 9 Wikus/Elysium Kruger)
16. African: Man on street, villager/tribesman, soldier
18. South America
20. New Zealand
22. Middle Eastern (Arabic)
(B) Fictional voice-overs – from cartoons to gaming to live-action . I am able to precisely voice-act the following voices, including:
1. Recent memorable screen villians including: Steppenwolf (Justice league), Kylo Ren (Star Wars), Bane ( Batman Dark Knight rises), The White Orc (The Hobbit)
2. Orcs/Elves/Undead/Human/Mutant/Hero/Villian characters across many fictional universes:
(A) Lord of the Rings : Sauron, Ring Wraiths, Orc/Elvish warriors etc
(B) Star Wars : The Emperor
(C) Warcraft and Dota: Pudge, Witchdoctor, Arthas, Lich King, Human Footmen/Workers, Orc Peons/Grunts/Tauren/Ogres etc
(D) Marvel/DC : Wolverine, Venom, Thanos etc
(E) Warhammer 40k : Space Marines/Chaos Marines/Eldar voices, Mechanical(e.g. Dreadnought/Tank) voices
(F) Starcraft: Marines, Firebats, Protoss Zealots/Archons, Fenix, Tassadar
(G) Command & Conquer: Soviet/Allied/Nod/GDI voices of soldiers and units
(H) Others popular culture: Scooby Doo, Samurai Jack,
Real-life personalities: Proficient at emulating voice and mannerism of real-life personalities including:
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. James Gandolfini
3. US Presidents (Trump, Obama etc)
4. ..and many others
English (North American), English (British), English, Chinese (Mandarin), English (Australian), English (Scottish), English (Irish)
Arabic, Australian, Austrian, Bavarian, Belgian, Canadian, Cantonese, Caribbean, Caribbean (Bermudian), Celtic, Chinese, East Africa (Kenyan), Eastern European, England - London (Cockney, Estuary, East End), England - South East (Oxford, Sussex), England - South West (Cornwall, Devon, West Country), French, German, India (Hinglish), Indian (India), Irish Eastern (Leinster, Dublin), Irish Western (Connacht, Galway), Italian, Italian American, Japanese, Korean, Latino, Mediterranean, Mexican, African (General)
Child, Middle Aged, Senior, Teen, Young Adult
Animation, Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
Payment to Ash Chen is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Ash Chen.
To invite Ash Chen to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.
This talent has not uploaded any demos yet.