My voice is rich and strong, full bodied with strong resonance, deep, soothing, and warm for narrations. It can be rough, edgy, and masculine, or fun, enthusiastic, and upbeat for commercial products. I can also sing and add comical voices.
Presentations are enhanced with precise diction and the professionalism of a lawyer, doctor, or CEO. I have a very friendly voice which helps people trust and can add a humorous tone which brings about a smile.
I will give you many different takes, in a short time. Everything from the shortest commercial, to phone messages, to narration, to audio-books; all of this is very rewarding and enjoyable work for me. I encourage you to invite me to audition for your special project.
English (North American)
German, North American
Middle Aged, Senior
Animation, Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Jingles, Movie Trailers, Music, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
Documentary for a national company
Children's audio book
Promo for a private school
PSA's for no-profits
I began my career in the music business in the mid 1960's singing in folk groups The New Christy Minstrels and Take Five. Later I went into full-time ministry using my gifts of music and voice. I was a secular DJ and Christian talk-show host on the radio in Honolulu and Palm Springs. I have 40 years experience in public speaking, preaching on the beaches, high school events, homes, and churches, along with teaching voice, drama, and choral directing.
* 34 years as an Ordained Lutheran Minister
* 15 years as a national Youth Speaker and Music Leader in the Lutheran Church.
* Contributed to the T.V. Series “Introducing Jesus of Nazareth” by Mosaic (ELCA)
* Recorded 1 solo album and 4 group albums and singing commercials.
* 50 years as a vocal soloist
* Telephone recordings, television interviews and announcements.
* Wrote, narrated, and produced an audio/book of children stories, "The Adventures of the Dog-Tired Dogs."
* MA in Vocal and Choral from CSUF,and a BA in Religious Studies from CSULB
* MDiv, Berkely GTU, PLTS
* Graduate of the Voices For All Master Class in Los Angeles, CA
Computer & Software
PC - Digidesign MBox-2-mini, Pro Tools LE
MBox-2-mini, SONY MDRV600 Headphones
MP3, WAV, or AIFF formats through Email, FTP or regular mail.
Typically 24-48 hours
I offer edited and finished voice tracks delivered in the format of your choosing.
Payment to Chuck Carlson is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Chuck Carlson.
To invite Chuck Carlson to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.