White, Midwest North American voice. Worked in radio hosting CHR, jJazz, Classical formats as well as news reporting and CHR imagining also working as a youth story teller. Fun, energetic voice that can bring life to your writing.
English (North American), English
North American, US Midwest (Chicago, Great Lakes)
Middle Aged, Young Adult
Animation, Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
News Director June, 2000 – May, 2001
KXCV Radio Maryville, MO
• Led daily newsroom activity, writing and editing locally produced and wire copy.
• Taught all aspects of collecting studio and field audio, the use of cassette recorders and Sony
MiniDisc; digital editing using DADPro and ProTools to student reporters
• Held weekly airchecks with individuals to overcome delivery and performance problems such as inflection, tone, diction and nasality
• Wrote, produced, and edited feature news story for NPR’s Weekend Edition (aired 6/25/00)
• Implemented a features-requirement for announcers, in keeping with station’s core mission: To educate. In annual survey results, students reported the advancement of their interviewing and communication skills through the assignment
• Organized election night coverage, broadcasting live in-studio analysis and live reports from several teams of student announcers based throughout the listening area
• Fund-raising events:
• PRNDI Conference – 2000
Producer/Announcer January, 1997 – June, 2000
KXCV Radio Maryville, MO
• Gathered local news and feature stories by collecting studio and field interviews, cold calling for sound bites, as well as writing and editing copy
• Produced weekly local programs “Random Thoughts from a Simpler Perspective,” and “Basically Speaking.” Hosted by local author Brenda Kay Lewis and linguist Dr. Ron Schwartzman
• On Air host for programs including Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Musical Entree, Classical Touch, Performance Today, Fresh Air, Nightlight-Jazz
• Monitored recordings on SOSS in accordance to station log
• Interviewed Lach Walesa, Former Polish President, 1999, produced story for NPR’s Morning Edition based on interview
• Interviewed Missouri Governor Mel Carnahan, 1998
• Voiced, edited and produced daily news reports
• RTNDA Conference - 1999, 2000
• DADPro • Radio console • Pro Tools
• Teleprompter • AP Wire • Sony MiniDisc
• Microsoft Office • SOSS • Music Library
• Mardi • Selector • Digital Photography
Bachelor of Arts (Broadcasting/Psychology) December, 1999
Northwest Missouri State University - Maryville, Missouri
Volunteer – August 2008-Present
Westwood Elementary San Diego, CA
• Art Corp Teacher
• Teach monthly program in classrooms using a variety of media, tempera, oil and chalk pastels, watercolors
• Gather supplementary materials, books, famous works to familiarize students with lesson
• Work with teachers to schedule classes, maintain orderly art closet, clean up supplies after each lesson
• Select best work from each students portfolio, cut and mat art work to hang in annual Art Show
• PTA Board Member
• Scholastic Book Fair Chair - February 2012
• Surpassed sales goal by $2,000, earning funds for teachers and school library
• Participate in fund raisers and school events, planning, recruiting volunteers
Children’s Programming June 2010-Present
Rancho Bernardo Library San Diego, CA
• Develop monthly event by culling books from the library collection , integrating sensory and memory activities with music, movement and audience participation
• Create a craft for children to make during the event
• Prep materials for 35 participants, lay out materials prior to event
• Worked with staff to redesign a fabric installment in children’s area – April 2011
Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO
BA - Broadcasting - 1999
Payment to Lisa Smith is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Lisa Smith.
To invite Lisa Smith to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.
This talent has not uploaded any demos yet.