Calm, trustworthy, believable. Great for commercial, promo, documentaries, audiobooks.
English (North American), English
North American, US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta)
Middle Aged, Senior, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television
* Provided primary narration for an international movie. This was a job that entailed recording, editing to specific times, and delivering over 430 wav files out of country.
* Provided audio for a large studio in California. Audio is to be used in a television commercial running in the Palm Springs, CA. market.
* Provided second round of phone voice prompts for a production company in New York City. Prompts are being used in a phone system currently in R & D for senior citizens. This program features sponsorship from some of the largest corporations in the US.
* Provided approximately 10 pages of audio for a children's educational DVD production company in North Carolina.
* Provided voice prompts for a production company in New York City. Prompts are being used in a phone system currently in R & D for senior citizens. This program features sponsorship from some of the largest corporations in the US.
* Provided audio for the town of Homer, Alaska for their 2010 fishing derby television commercial.
* Created "Think About It," a series of 30 and 60 second audio spots that cover just about everything from religion to politics.
4/09 through Present
* Volunteer reader with RISE, a PBS entity. RISE broadcasts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, bringing print material to the visually handicapped.
* Published my first book "Journeys." Visit (Website hidden) for more information.
8/07 through Present
* Direct a Public Access Television program aimed at sharpening reading and learning skills in young children. The show currently airs on over 100 stations across the USA, being made available to over two million households.
* Extensive experience in business and research.
* Experienced writer. Utilize this skill to write copy for voice overs, both for myself and for VO customers.
BS degree business (4 majors), currently direct a public access TV children's reading series. I have studied under the direction of David Bourgeois,Brett Porter, John Gallogly, and Warren Garling of White Post Studio/Voicecoaches in New York. My strengths include flexibility, strong narration/commercial presentation, creative copywriting, and everything from 15 second blips to full commercial/narration production. I bring a dedication to my work that is determined to achieve the highest level of success in every (Website hidden) for RISE, a part of the PBS network that provides audio programming for the visually impaired and blind.
MXL 900 series cardiod
Computer & Software
HP Pavilion--strong media editing & production software
TAPCO 120 mixer/preamp + MBOX
as e-mail atchments OR by mail
Within 1 day, depending on complexity of project
Copywriting, delivery of edited & finished voice tracks, addition of music, special effects.
Reader for RISE, a PBS broadcast for the blind and visually impaired. Contact Joyce Stah, manager, at:PBS
Payment to Hal Houghton is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Hal Houghton.
To invite Hal Houghton to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.