About John Devenish
BROADCAST AND THEATRE EXPERIENCE
Actor, Roseneath Theatre, Toronto,
• Acted in the principal role of Yves in the theatre production, Head a Tête
Actor, CBC/Universal Pictures feature film, Toronto,
• Acted in the principal role of Bruce in the feature film, Must Be Santa
Voice over talent, Canadian Geographic-Discovery Channel documentary, Toronto,
• Featured in the voice of Edgar Christian in the TV documentary, The Place Where God Began
Actor, CIBC TV Commercial, Toronto,
• Acted in the principal role in the TV commercial, Dividends
Voice over talent, League for Human Rights of B’nai Brith Canada, Toronto, 1998
• Featured as the announcer in a video documentary for the, 23rd Annual Media Human Rights Awards
Talk Show Host, IMG Productions,
• Featured as the announcer in the programs The Forum and The Night Exchange
Broadcaster/Writer/Program Host, Classical 96 FM, Toronto,
• Radio host for programs, Afternoon Drive, Potpourri, Canadian Showcase, and Saturday Supersounds
Producer and Writer, Delta Chelsea & Winter Garden Theatre, Toronto,
• Produced and wrote for the theatre showcase production, Contact 92.
Music Instructor/Choir Director, University Settlement House Music School, Toronto
• Directed children's choir, and instructed young singers and piano students
Actor/Pianist, Toronto Workshop Productions, Toronto
• Acted and played music for the theatre production, Mr. Jelly Roll
Actor/Musical Director, Mercury Theatre Productions, Toronto
• Directed music and acted in the theatre production, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom by August Wilson (Canadian Premiere)
Program Host/Writer, CKCU-FM, Carleton University, Ottawa
• Radio host for the radio program, Exposure
General Manager, Toronto Children’s Peace Theatre, Toronto
• Managed theatre programs in children’s theatre productions, represented the company at UN for UNGASS, United Nations General Assembly - Special Session on Children
Carleton University, Ottawa
Certificate, Radio Broadcasting
Humber College, Toronto
LTCL, Piano Performance (Licentiate)
Trinity College, London, England
ARCT, Piano Performance (Associate)
Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto
Harry Jerome Award
Excellence in Arts, Music, National Black Achievement
Four-Year Tuition Scholarship
Gouvernement du Québec, Ministère des Affaires Culturelles, Conservatoire de Musique du Québec
How do I work with John Devenish?
You can start working with John Devenish in four simple steps:
- Sign Up or Log In to your Voices.com account.
- Invite John Devenish to audition to your new or existing project.
- Review John Devenish's proposal, custom audition, and quote after they've replied to your invitation.
- Hire John Devenish and get your files.
To know more, you can learn about how Voices.com works here.
How do I pay John Devenish?
Payment to John Devenish is managed through our SurePay payment protection service in a few simple steps:
- Pay securely by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal directly through Voices.com.
- SurePay will hold your funds until you're satisfied with John Devenish's work.
- When the work is done, download your files and release funds to John Devenish in just a couple of clicks.