Greater Nashville, Tennessee, US
Greetings! I am a Nashville-area voice-over talent, and am eager to help you with your voice needs. I have professional recording equipment in my home (which allows me to provide fast turn around), but if you prefer, I am glad to meet and work with you in person.
The experience I can bring to your project is broad: I'm a trained singer, having performed opera, classical, gospel, country, and pop; I'm a licensed minister and have given sermons and speeches. I offer voiceover services including, but not limited to, television and radio commercials, website narrations, audio books, and more.
On budget, on-time. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed.Read More
Professional Voice-over services (2015-present)
- JDH Entertainment Group, Inc. (2015, 2016): recorded commercial spots and intro/exit cues for syndicated radio program.
Professional Concert Singer (1994-present)
- Tenor soloist for performances of Handel's "Messiah"
- First Presbyterian Church, Wichita Falls, TX (Phone hidden))
- Tallowood Baptist Church, Houston, TX (2004)
- Classical and operatic tenor roles
- Fort Worth Civic Orchestra (TX): "Missa Hilarious" and "The Seasonings" (2002)
- Fort Worth Community Orchestra & Chorus (TX): "St. Matthew Passion" (2002)
- Chattanooga Symphony & Opera (TN): "Rigoletto," 1999 (Borsa), "Tosca," 1997 (Spoletta), "Il Trovatore," Ruiz (1995)
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Opera Workshop: "Chanticleer," 1996 (Chanticleer), "Così fan tutte," Ferrando (1994)
- Regular appearances as tenor soloist with Voce Virili, area men's ensemble based in Chattanooga, TN
Minister of Music-various churches (Phone hidden))
- First Baptist Church, Waverly, TN (Phone hidden)): served as minister in charge of comprehensive music program. Led all choirs, trained singers, instructed in voice. Called upon to preach from time to time.
- First Baptist Church, Dayton, TN (Phone hidden)): served as minister in charge of comprehensive music program. Led adult and youth choirs, administered other music activities, trained singers, and instructed in voice.
- Sycamore Baptist Church, Springfield, MO (Phone hidden)): served part-time as minister in charge of music program. Led adult choir and praise band, administered other music activities, trained singers, and instructed in voice.
Professor of Music-various colleges (Phone hidden))
- Tennessee Temple University, Chattanooga, TN (Phone hidden)): taught private voice, music theory, composition, and directed Opera/Musical program (performances included "The Music Man," "Amahl and the Night Visitors")
- Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, MO (Phone hidden)): taught private voice; directed concert choir and Opera Theater program (performances included "Little Shop of Horrors" and "The Elixir of Love")
- Chattanooga High School, Chattanooga, TN (Phone hidden)): directed choral music program, teaching four choirs and two voice classes.
- Tennessee Valley Theater - Young Ralph, "The Last Romance" (2012)
- First Baptist Dayton Dinner Theater - Johnny, "Johnny Unforgettable" (2011)
- First Baptist Dayton Christmas Play - Zach, "The Ornament" (2009)
Extensive coaching/training with Such a Voice, 2016
Bachelor of Music (Vocal Performance), 1995-University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Master of Music (Voice), 2004-Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
"Michael, I love your voice and your style. You have a resonant, mellow quality about you that comes across (the fact you speak in front of large groups lends to your natural talent) but I also like the fact that you sound unpretentious and friendly at the same time."Roger Grant, Producer
"Compassionate, hospitable, approachable, genuine, expressive. Michael was a pleasure to produce. A consummate professional throughout the coaching and recording sessions, he follows direction well, is able to bring a range of diversity to the copy, and is intent on making his performances stellar."Angela Castonguay, Producer
“I couldn't be happier with the work Michael has turned out for our radio program. He provided just the right tone for our show, and I appreciated the warmth and energy he brought to our project. I absolutely will be calling on him again for our future voice-over needs.”John Hall, JDH Entertainment Group
Payment to Michael Mays is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Michael Mays.Learn About SurePay®
To invite Michael Mays to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.How It Works