New York, New York, US
Susan Bari, the voice of business, was a child actor with Boston Children's Theater in the '50s, She went on to teach school and then entered the business world. An exciting career in the nonprofit world allowed Susan to use her voice to testify before the U.S. Congress, speak before large audiences (3,000+) at international conferences, provide keynote addresses, seminars and workshops on a range of topics (entrepreneurship, financing a business, bringing your company to scale, and more.) Mature, sophisticated speaker with business and training experience. Susan's voice is well suited for business narrations and audiobooks. Her memoir, An Extraordinary Ordinary Life, is now available in hardcover or as an e-book.
English (North American), English
North American, US General American (GenAm)
Middle Aged, Senior
Audiobooks, Business, Documentaries, Educational, Internet Video, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television
Susan Phillips Bari brings to the voice over community the knowledge and firsthand experience gained in a diverse career providing her leadership talents, and skill as a manager and marketer in the public, nonprofit and entrepreneurial sectors. She has served in various government positions such as
• Associate Director of the Office of Presidential Personnel in The White House,
• Chairman, President's Committee on Women Business Enterprise,
• Director, Institute of Museum Services
• Member, President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities
• Member, President's Committee on Physical Fitness and Sports
• Director, Intergovernmental and Interagency Affairs, U.S. Department of Education
She has served on various Boards such as
• Member, Women's Leadership Board of the John F. Kennedy School of Government, . Harvard College
• Member, Advisory Council, WorkLife Matters magazine
• Member, Advisory Council, Enterprising Women magazine
• Member, Board of Directors of the Women Presidents' Organization (Treasurer, Audit . Committee, Compensation Committee
• Member, National Women's Business Council, advisors to the President, Congress and the SBA
• Board Member, Neutral Posture Ergonomics (NASDAQ)
She has received the following awards
• WBENC, Standing Ovation Award, Applause Award and Lifetime Achievement Award
• Billion Dollar Roundtable, Impact Award
• WPEO, Advocate of the Year
• Women's Business Development Center, Chicago, Advocate of the Year
• Enterprising Women Hall of Fame, Inductee
• SBA, Small Business Advocate of the Year, Washington, DC Region
• Women’s Business Council Great Lakes, Pioneer Award
• National Women’s Hall of Fame, Inductee
In conjunction with the above, Susan has had the opportunity to testify before the Congress of the United States, provide corporate and social sector keynote addresses, conduct workshops and seminars, moderate panels, and participate in radio and television interviews as a spokesperson.
MBA with a concentration in Marketing, Virginia Tech
BA, Literature, University of Massachusetts
Certificate, Program for Senior Managers in Government, Kennedy School, Harvard
Certificate, Leading after the Legacy, The New School
Computer & Software
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio interface, mic and headphones; Dragonpad; ports booth pro
6 - 12 hours
Professional writer can assist with writing and editing
Voice Over Clients
Women Presidents' Educational Organizaton
Payment to Susan Bari is made through Voices.com SurePay®, our escrow service that guarantees your project is completed to your satisfaction. Pay securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com and when your work is done, simply download the final files, and release funds to Susan Bari.
To invite Susan Bari to audition for your project, simply invite them to a job. Share your project details to quickly and easily receive a quote.
Have questions about posting a job?
See how Voices.com works here.