With every new day comes a pull to regroup and refocus.
For creative professionals, this means continuing to find out how to reach the right people at the right time, in the right medium while continuing the momentous task of making the most of limited time and resources.
Thankfully, several key industry power players have put on their research hats to help you discover new effective and budget-friendly strategies.
So skip ‘reinventing the wheel’ – and hop on the fast track by leveraging these five powerful reports.
1. For All Creatives in North America: Voices.com 2017 Trends Report
The voice is one of advertising and media’s most powerful vehicles, able to connect with audiences on a level that is distinctly and persuasively human.
But how we choose it and how we use it speaks to something much larger: the voice that is selected can be a direct reflection of the psyche of the consumer, the medium it is embedded in is a reflection of a generation.
This Trends Report examines how advertisers, educators, and companies large and small are attempting to connect with their target audiences, across North America and beyond.
More specifically, the data contained herein illuminates trends in:
- The rise and fall of types of communications and advertising vehicles, including radio, television, and online ads.
- The demographic qualities of audiences that advertisers are targeting with their promotional messages, including age, gender, geography, and language.
- The moods and inflections that are most sought after for resonance and persuasive power (e.g. conversational tone versus authoritative).
2. For Content Marketers: Content Marketing Institute’s Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends for 2017
Whether your business is B2B or B2C, Content Marketing Institute (CMI)’s Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends has valuable insights for you.
Gathered through survey research, CMI has rounded up the keys for effective marketing, including the tactics marketers are using most often, the social media channels they’re using and the budget they’re investing into making it all work.
Offering an in-depth analysis, CMI encourages readers to “dig in to explore the underlying “whys,” “whats” and “hows” that the data uncovers.
Download CMIs Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends for 2017.
3. For Digital Aficionados and Social Sleuths: The Ogilvy One Key Digital Trends for 2017 Report
In this two part document, two of Ogilvy One’s Digital and Innovation Leaders share their insights into where they believe the digital and social trends are headed in 2017 – and what you can do about it.
The first portion outlines and grades Ogilvy One’s previous report showing how on or off the mark they were in their predictions, while the second portion gives their projections for the year to come.
Take a look through the Ogilvy One Key Digital Trends for 2017 Report for yourself.
4. For Canadian Businesses: Deloitte’s Consumer Business Economic Update is insightful
According to Deloitte’s website, this 16th edition of their Consumer Business economic update for Canada “provides a snapshot of key business indicators across the retail, consumer packaged goods (CPG) and travel, hospitality and leisure (THL) sectors.”
This includes economic indicators (like the expansion of the economy), as well as retail, travel, hospitality, leisure, consumer packaged goods and social media trends.
Read the full report to gain more interesting insights.